Sign On not saving password

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
kbtuttle

Sign On not saving password

Post by kbtuttle »

Hi there,

Just this past week I noticed a different LDS Account sign on page in my chrome browser. It doesn't appear to be saving my password like it did in the past. Is this a new feature? I have auto-save enabled and it is not prompting me either. It is rather annoying to have to sign on after inactivity or at various points through out the day---I have kids ya know!
Thanks for any help...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The new sign in page is an intentional change, and appears in all browsers.

The auto-complete feature of the browser has been disabled for that page as a security provision. See the thread LDS.ORG Auto-complete Disabled?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kbtuttle

Post by kbtuttle »

Well I found a way to solve my problem. After I signed in, I went to Account Settings under the Tools tab. It prompted me to log in again (different screen than the initial Sign In page). If you do not sign out of this page and re-enter lds.org it will appear that you have signed out. But, once you click "Sign In", it automatically signs you in (no password or user name necessary). As long as you do not click the sign out link, it seems to remember your information the next time you visit the site. You always do need to hit the Sign In tab.
Please note* this may cause a security concern for some people. Always click Sign Out if you are on a public computer or prefer to maintain privacy.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kbtuttle wrote:Well I found a way to solve my problem. After I signed in, I went to Account Settings under the Tools tab. It prompted me to log in again (different screen than the initial Sign In page). If you do not sign out of this page and re-enter lds.org it will appear that you have signed out. But, once you click "Sign In", it automatically signs you in (no password or user name necessary). As long as you do not click the sign out link, it seems to remember your information the next time you visit the site. You always do need to hit the Sign In tab.

Personally, I'm skeptical about whether this technique actually works after enough time has elapsed that the session actually has expired. But even if it does, I think you're just running into a temporary artifact of the transition between the old and new header (similar to what is reported in this post) and this exceptional behavior will be fixed soon.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bayless

Auto Sign In

Post by bayless »

kbtuttle wrote:Hi there,

Just this past week I noticed a different LDS Account sign on page in my chrome browser. It doesn't appear to be saving my password like it did in the past. Is this a new feature? I have auto-save enabled and it is not prompting me either. It is rather annoying to have to sign on after inactivity or at various points through out the day---I have kids ya know!
Thanks for any help...

The new sign in screen was remembering my user/password just fine for months then when I had to change my password it didn't ask if it should remember the new one, but it was still remembering the old one. Family Search remembers the new one, even without the "Remember me for 2 weeks" selected. Can anyone help with a way to get it to remember?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Delete the cookies in your browser. If you can identify the specific cookies related to LDS Account then you would not have to delete all the cookies, just those and delete them.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Main Church Website”