Calendar 2.2.2 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kyleq

Calendar 2.2.2 released

Post by kyleq »

The 2.2.2 version of the calendar is solely about implementing the new global header and footer to ensure a uniform look and feel between the main lds.org site and the calendar app.
failproof

Post by failproof »

Any chance this new release yesterday broke location scheduling for my stake? This thread
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We did find a problem with making reservations and we're working to get that fixed and deployed. Thanks for your patience.
QA Engineer
mbromle

Post by mbromle »

Starting yesterday the calendar does not display correctly. The frame for selecting calendars covers the entire window and then below that the calendar displays in just 1/2 of the window. Our Bishop is seeing the same issue. We are on Win 7 and using IE 8.00.7600. Is this issue related to the new release?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mbromle wrote:We are on Win 7 and using IE 8.00.7600. Is this issue related to the new release?

This does seem to be related to the new release, but in my testing it is only a problem with IE8 and earlier. IE9 works fine.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
washton50

Calendar formating issue with IE8

Post by washton50 »

It seems that the new release has messed up the formatting for IE8 for XP machines. It works OK for Opera and FireFox. Also, as a building scheduler, I am no longer able to edit reservations. Based on the other entries I have read I understand that they are working on that issue. But I think the site should format for all browsers, as most of the church population would not necessarily be on the latest version.

This is the IE Error being reported.
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC LM 8; InfoPath.3; BRI/2; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
Timestamp: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 22:35:29 UTC

Line: 268
Char: 12
Code: 0
URI: https://edge.ldscdn.org/scripts/other/r ... 1.1.0-2.js
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

washton50 wrote:But I think the site should format for all browsers, as most of the church population would not necessarily be on the latest version.

This problem with IE8 was only recently introduced and I'm confident it will be fixed soon. Of course, the site will never format for all browsers -- that is completely impractical. But IE8 is recent enough that the site should work with it (and it always has and soon will again).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kyleq wrote:The 2.2.2 version of the calendar is solely about implementing the new global header and footer to ensure a uniform look and feel between the main lds.org site and the calendar app.

In FF 15.0.1 the Globe (language selection) and the (Name)/Tools menu are not pushed out to the left of the light blue Church Websites link. (I assume the globe is there underneath). The > at the right edge of the (Name)/Tools menu just barely shows to the right of the Church Websites link, and suspecting what it was, I was able to use it to Sign Out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Given the number and severity of the problems reported, I wonder if it wouldn't be wise to roll it back until the problems can be fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Last night at the clerks' office, using Internet Explorer 8, I couldn't make ANY of the tools work at LDS.org. The browser would just get stuck on a white screen and load nothing. Other parts of LDS.org worked fine. I tried using Windows Update to get a newer version of Internet Explorer and even went to Microsoft's web site looking for a stand-alone download but everything indicated that version 8 WAS the current version.

I considered installing something else, like Firefox, but decided I didn't have time to fiddle with this and that, since everything else I tried online was working just fine, I had no guarantee that our browser was to blame for the problem with tools at LDS.org. The way our computer is configured is likely the way the vast majority of Clerk computers are configured, so I decided the folks back in Salt Lake City had better fix this before Sunday, when people certainly won't have time to fiddle with installing a new browser.

Return to “Calendar”