Hum problem solved

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
kwillisjr

Hum problem solved

Post by kwillisjr »

Last week, I posted a message about problems we had with a webcast. Since then I was able to resolve all of the problems except the hum in the audio. I finally was able to determine the fix today. I attached the drain wire from the ground of the house sound mixer to the shield of the RCA connector at the communicator. Everybody who commented about it said this was not the thing to do. The installation manual for the house sound mixer said this was not the thing to do. Everything and everybody was saying don't do it so I tried everything else....and in an act of desperation attached it and the hum went away. Has anybody else had this experience?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My concern would be that you are shorting out half of your audio feed. What happens if you disconnect the "-" wire and just run with the "+" and shield? Is the shield even connected at the other end?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I had a hum problem with my original stake center (60 years old at least building) and a simple ground loop isolator from the 'Shack' got me going.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”