New computer for Employment Center?

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
stevemurfy

New computer for Employment Center?

Post by stevemurfy »

Hello - I finally got Stake approval to replace two old computers in our Employment Center. The problem is that no one knows how to purchase new machines. I understand that we use the FM group for clerk computers, the FHC computers get purchased through the FHC group in SLC, but how do I get machines for an Employment Center?
Obviously, I can get something on my own, but I'd rather do it by the book.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this a church-sanctioned employment center or just a stake-created one?

If it's a church center, then I'd suggest reading A Guide for Center Staff. That covers the computer policies.

If it's just a room the stake has set aside for this, then I think you're completely on your own - for the computer, for any programs, etc. As far as I know there is zero support for anything other then clerk and FHC computers in a stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
d51390

Employment Center PC Setup

Post by d51390 »

I have the same questions. We have Two Stakes sharing a emloyment center office in a room in the Family History Center. We just bought a new computer and both stakes had to split the cost of the new computer.

What computer name do you use. I haven't seen instructions for setting one up for the Employment Center PC like they have for the clerks MLS machines.

Can I just put Sopho on the new pc sharing the network with the Family History Center pc's

I was going to put Libre office software & Family History software to use when they are not busy.

What other software have others been putting on the Employment Center PC's

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you follow my link above, it should take you to a page where you can find the Operations Guide which in turn has policies for computers. The communities' experience with Employment computers may be limited. I'd suggest contacting your Director for Temporal Affairs for guidance.

I would NOT load anything from the FHC computers onto the Employment computer unless approved as outlined in the guide. Employment and FHC are two very different things run by two different IT groups. I wouldn't mix them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”