President Monson Website

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
McDanielCA

President Monson Website

Post by McDanielCA »

The Church has posted a new website for President Monson. It's very informative. Check it out. Link to it. Share with your friends and family!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Thanks, I agree it was very well put together. Best kept secret the Church has! I can't find a single link to it from lds.org. Hummm... :confused:
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

I may be mistaken, but I believe the Church still wants the newsroom to be the main destination for information for the media.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

These sites for Presidents of the Church seem to be aimed at the casual web surfer who comes across them in search engine results. The newsroom site provides information laid out differently for the media.

But I do see possibilities for the sites being resources to gather all that is on lds.org for each President of the Church so that anyone can find all that the lds.org site has on each one. This could include things like mp3 files, video, magazine articles, additional addresses not published elsewhere, links to the Teachings of the 'Presidents of the Church' series books for each one, and even quotes from various manuals and books the Church has produced that are unique. Make each site searchable within itself too. This would be a great internal resource within lds.org for Church members and it would aid others doing research on each one.

The same could be done eventually for each member of the Twelve and First Presidency, past and present. I see this as a starting point for anyone studying the teachings of the Presidents of the Church in-depth.
cannona-p40

Post by cannona-p40 »

Mikerowaved wrote:Thanks, I agree it was very well put together. Best kept secret the Church has! I can't find a single link to it from lds.org. Hummm... :confused:

I believe that this issue is being addressed as we speak.
KathrynGZ

Other Leaders?

Post by KathrynGZ »

Wow, that is very nicely designed. Are there similar sites for any other GA's?

Kathryn
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

There is one for Pres. Hinckley too.

http://www.lds.org/gordonbhinckley
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Wow, it's like discovering Easter eggs in a program!
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Misspelling

Post by aebrown »

telfordca wrote:The Church has posted a new website for President Monson. It's very informative. Check it out. Link to it. Share with your friends and family!

I'm not sure where to report this, but there is a misspelling on the web page for President Monson. In the Timeline section, his mother's name is spelled "Glady Condie Monson", but of course her first name is "Gladys".
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

I'll forward on the information. Thanks.

Return to “General Discussions”