Suggestion: Specify the email address to reply to

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mnmpeterson

Suggestion: Specify the email address to reply to

Post by mnmpeterson »

I wish there was a way to specify the email address to reply to. Our stake has one person administer all stake calendars so this person is the one who gets all email replies asking for more information about an event. Since this person only entered it into the calendar he doesn't have the information and has to refer replies to someone else (if he can figure out who that is).

Of course the better solution would be to have the leaders who know about the events be editors and enter them in the calendar themselves. But even this isn't foolproof because when the editor of an event gets released, people will still reply to them because their email is still on the events they entered.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Is there a way to send email to everyone subscribed to a calendar? thread as it addresses a different topic.]

I agree with the recommendation to be able to specify the person and/or e-mail address for the point of contact. This idea has already been suggested. I didn't do an extensive search to list all threads. This is one: when original "submitter" moves from unit, phone & email continue to update? It has been quite a while since the issue of an event's point of contact has been raised.

There have been times where I as an administrator had to edit an event and in so doing I was listed as the point of contact. After editing an event it would be nice to designate the point of contact rather than the creator or editor be the point of contact.
mnmpeterson wrote:Of course the better solution would be to have the leaders who know about the events be editors and enter them in the calendar themselves.
This is the distributed model the calendar is designed to use. Using a single point of contact has limitations such as the one experienced here.
mnmpeterson wrote:But even this isn't foolproof because when the editor of an event gets released, people will still reply to them because their email is still on the events they entered.
While this may be true, the point of contact can be changed by having the new person edit the event. This assumes of course that the new point of contact is either an administrator or editor of the calendar.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

After spending the last week learning how the calander works. I came to the conclusion that if a ward or stake is still using only using one person calander events then they are missing out on a powerful tool.

Give the orginitations editor rights so they can schedule and edit their own events. If someone other than an editor is in charge of the event then the editor can put their information in the description block.

Return to “Calendar”