High Priest Group Members

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Hilohi

High Priest Group Members

Post by Hilohi »

When I click on "High Priest Group" on the leadership resources page, the "High Priest Group Members" section lists members who aren't HPs. How can I correct this?

On a side note: Our MLS also had non-HPs assigned to the HP group. I corrected this and hoped that it would sync with the leadership resources page. Unfortunately, however, it hasn't.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hilohi wrote:When I click on "High Priest Group" on the leadership resources page, the "High Priest Group Members" section lists members who aren't HPs. How can I correct this?
I don't think you can. It appears that the list includes all ordained high priests, as well as all prospective elders. That used to be the rule prior to the 2010 Handbooks, but now it is not.
hilohi wrote:...and hoped that it would sync with the leadership resources page. Unfortunately, however, it hasn't.

However, my guess is that organization membership is stored only locally and is not sent to lds.org. So the list on lds.org can currently only be determined by looking at information on the membership record such as age and priesthood office.
hilohi wrote:Our MLS also had non-HPs assigned to the HP group. I corrected this...

I'd be wary of doing a blanket move of all non-HPs out of the HP group. That should not be automatic, according to Handbook 2, Section 7.6.1: "The bishop counsels with quorum and group leaders and each prospective elder to determine whether the prospective elder should meet with the elders quorum or the high priests group for instruction and activities." But as long as that determination has carefully been made, then yes, you can move those members out of the HP organization and into the appropriate other quorum.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

Thanks for the reply, aebrown.
aebrown wrote: I'd be wary of doing a blanket move of all non-HPs out of the HP group. That should not be automatic, according to Handbook 2, Section 7.6.1: "The bishop counsels with quorum and group leaders and each prospective elder to determine whether the prospective elder should meet with the elders quorum or the high priests group for instruction and activities." But as long as that determination has carefully been made, then yes, you can move those members out of the HP organization and into the appropriate other quorum.

Thanks for bringing this up. Determination of who pertained to the HP group was carefully made. On the other hand, there were members that clearly should not have been listed as a member of the HP group, like children from the Primary and YM/YW organizations. I have no idea how they ended up in the HP group. :confused:
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

hilohi wrote:On a side note: Our MLS also had non-HPs assigned to the HP group. I corrected this and hoped that it would sync with the leadership resources page. Unfortunately, however, it hasn't.
While this is not yet available, it is a planned feature to be able to manage these from within clerk resources. But as aebrown points out that data isn't stored at CHQ yet.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

JonesRK wrote:
hilohi wrote:On a side note: Our MLS also had non-HPs assigned to the HP group. I corrected this and hoped that it would sync with the leadership resources page. Unfortunately, however, it hasn't.
While this is not yet available, it is a planned feature to be able to manage these from within clerk resources. But as aebrown points out that data isn't stored at CHQ yet.
I know this is a long shot but is there a timeframe for adding this feature? Is it on a feature list somewhere? Your post was back in January 2012 and it's now September 2012. Given the choice, I'd probably vote for having access to home and visiting teaching routes online before fixing the prospective elders problem, but our prospective elder handling is a very manual process right now with respect to reporting.

We have 38 PEs, and as noted by aebrown in handbook 2, we had a PEC where the PEs were split up amongst the HPs and EQ. I went into MLS and assigned everyone to the right quorum. However, when it comes time for the monthly and quarterly reports, the PEs always show up under the HPs. I can't generate an accurate PE list for the HPGL and EQP using leader.lds.org. I have to do it from a custom report in MLS.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sasgrw wrote:I know this is a long shot but is there a timeframe for adding this feature? Is it on a feature list somewhere? Your post was back in January 2012 and it's now September 2012. Given the choice, I'd probably vote for having access to home and visiting teaching routes online before fixing the prospective elders problem, but our prospective elder handling is a very manual process right now with respect to reporting.
One of the features of MLS 3.5 (in Beta) is to sync the class assignment information from MLS to CHQ. Then it can be used in Clerk Resources and other applications.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

That's awesome! Two questions:

1. Can I beta test? If so, can the beta only be used on temp data and not production?

2. We split our beehive class into two classes (10 girls in each) and that info isn't reflected in CHQ either. I don't suppose that's part of this beta?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sasgrw wrote:That's awesome! Two questions:

1. Can I beta test? If so, can the beta only be used on temp data and not production?
The beta only uses production data.
sasgrw wrote: 2. We split our beehive class into two classes (10 girls in each) and that info isn't reflected in CHQ either. I don't suppose that's part of this beta?
All of the class info (including beehive classes) will be synchronized.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

JonesRK wrote:The beta only uses production data.

Can I be a beta tester?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sasgrw wrote:Can I be a beta tester?
giffordrb would know better if you can and how to be a beta tester. I've let him know about this thread.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”