Category Filtering Problem

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
mevans

Category Filtering Problem

Post by mevans »

The Primary president added an article today and tagged the category as Primary. However, when you filter the newsletter according to category, the latest Primary article wouldn't show up (there was a previous article that did show up).

I'm an Admin and tried to figure out what was going on. I took the Primary article and tried assigning other categories to it and it would show up under those categories, but not under Primary. Then I tried making a new article and assigning it to the Primary category. Again, it wouldn't show up under the Primary category when filtering (but when you read the article, it says it has the Primary category). I tried assigning multiple categories to the article and choosing any when filtering by any other category, it worked fine, but for Primary, it wouldn't show up.

I did a workaround by making a new Primary category and tagging all the Primary articles with the new category and then deleting the old Primary category. That made it work, but clearly there's was a problem.

The original Primary posting was the first article published on the ward newsletter site. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Strange. I think I have it working properly now, but the Primary category somehow got messed up because the filter wouldn't find it.

Return to “Newsletter”