Old paper records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
fausetts

Old paper records

Post by fausetts »

I was called as ward clerk not long ago and found the office full of old paper records. I know that financial records should be kept for seven years but what about the old paper records of baptism and priesthood ordinences. The ones that were filled out by hand on carbon copy. Do these need to be kept and for how long?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to read Record retention in the Wiki. Pay careful note about the priesthood ordinations in the linked forum threads.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

fausetts wrote: I know that financial records should be kept for seven years...
Just for the benefit of those reading this thread, the retention period for financial records is determined by the country in which your unit is located. For the U.S. it is three years and Canada is five years. The user fausetts is in a country where it is seven years.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”