Streaming a Regional Conference Broadcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
adcorbin

Streaming a Regional Conference Broadcast

Post by adcorbin »

Is it possible to stream a Regional Conference Broadcast via a webcast to another building?

Drew
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

No. But the stake president can get the URL for the broadcast for the meeting house that does not have satellite. He can contact the church broadcast/webcast folks and they will provide the information needed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

Contact the Global Service Center for the link.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ksolsen wrote:Contact the Global Service Center for the link.

Is this the preferred method now rather than the streaming support email address? Or is this just for the regional stake conference broadcasts?

And does it still need to be a member of the stake presidency making the request?
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

Yes this email address (streamingsupport@ldschurch.org) is the preferred method of requesting the link to an event like this. And Yes it still needs to be a member of the stake presidency to request it.
Troy
KeithWilson

Post by KeithWilson »

We had to webcast to one of our buildings, and the picture quality was acceptable. The audio had a few seconds about four or five times where the sound volume level went low, almost inaudible, but then came back, as quickly as it went down. Did anyone else have this problem, for those that used the stream of the regional broadcast last weekend? And does anyone have suggestions?
RyanGard1977

Re: Streaming a Regional Conference Broadcast

Post by RyanGard1977 »

Why are regional conferences that are streamed from SLC not made available to ward/stake members who are unable for a number of valid reasons to attend in the meetinghouses? I would think that the church would be all for making conference available to all those who are not able to attend in person, so that the messages can uplift and strengthen some of those who may need them the most.

Thanks.
Ryan Gardner
RogerTemple

Post by RogerTemple »

Hi, We live in Northern Idaho. My wife is a shut in. How do I go about getting the URL for the upcoming Multi regional Broadcast of January 28, 2018 so that she can watch it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RogerTemple wrote:Hi, We live in Northern Idaho. My wife is a shut in. How do I go about getting the URL for the upcoming Multi regional Broadcast of January 28, 2018 so that she can watch it?
You can't. That would go against the instructions (in bold) that were sent out to leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
prestonhraab

Post by prestonhraab »

This is directly off of lds.org, it might help.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/view-w ... t?lang=eng
I watched the broadcast today from a stake center, but I'm trying to watch one part of it again.

Who Can View From a Personal Device?
For a variety of reasons the presiding authority may choose to allow certain individuals to view a webcast event from a personal device. All events are accessed through the webcast portal, however, most events are set as "private" and require a unique event code for viewing on a personal device.

Most Mac, PC and Mobile devices should work for viewing a webcast on a personal device.
NOTE: Mobile devices are to be used for personal viewing only and not for the general congregation at a configured site.

Viewing a Private Event (using an event code):
Obtain an event code from the event manager or ecclesiastical leader.
Visit portal.ldswebcast.org and sign in with their LDS Account username and password.
Under "Find a Broadcast" (far right), enter the Event Code and click "Find."
If verified, an event link will appear below. Click on the "View Event" button.
The webcast event stream will open in the browser; it will buffer, then begin playback.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”