Membership numbers

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
tclubb

Membership numbers

Post by tclubb »

On my Ipad I am able to see the membership numbers, however on my Android Phone I am not. Does anyone know if there is a forum already discussing this or if the Church is planning on adding this feature to the Android devices?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The IOS platform started development much earlier than the Android apps, which has resulted in the disparity you see. The stated goals of the developers is to have them near-on-par by the end of the year. We'll see how that goes. On a related note, how do you hold that much cognitive dissonance in your head? :)

Check out other posts in this forum, you'll see the multiple discussions around various functionality as you've noted.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
nwjarvis

Post by nwjarvis »

Is this functionality going to be available anytime soon for Android users? It seems that the Android platform version is more than just a little bit behind IOS development. I understand that the work is all done by volunteers but I was curious if there was a timeline when they expect to include MRN in the LDS tools directory for leaders.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nwjarvis wrote: I was curious if there was a timeline when they expect to include MRN in the LDS tools directory for leaders.
Timelines are rarely released. But the latest build of the Android version of LDS Tools does have the MRN included (if you are a leader with the right permissions to see MRNs). So I would guess that the official release is not too far in the future.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ajthomas

Post by ajthomas »

aebrown wrote:Timelines are rarely released. But the latest build of the Android version of LDS Tools does have the MRN included (if you are a leader with the right permissions to see MRNs). So I would guess that the official release is not too far in the future.

Really? I'm a ward clerk so I should see that, but I don't. I believe I have the latest version since there are no updates available, but I don't get anything other than names, addresses, phone numbers, and callings.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ajthomas wrote:Really? I'm a ward clerk so I should see that, but I don't. I believe I have the latest version since there are no updates available, but I don't get anything other than names, addresses, phone numbers, and callings.
Note that I said "latest build" -- not latest released version. I'm talking about version 1.6.0.0-SNAPSHOT, which has not been released yet. If you want to try it out (of course be aware that it is unreleased software and there are no guarantees), you can find it at http://www.ldsmobiletester.com/android/
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tclubb

Post by tclubb »

The latest build appears to work great. I am able to see the membership numbers, which I need when doing Temple Recommend interviews. It also includes the ages. It would be great if the Bishop could have the reports too.
jasonlesliewright

Re: Membership numbers

Post by jasonlesliewright »

I'm an Assistant clerk and I don't see MRN or age in the snapshot build but I can see it on an iOS device.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”