is there any ability to add a link to a doc

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
bmoser

is there any ability to add a link to a doc

Post by bmoser »

I believe I know the answer to this already but in case I am missing something...

I have created an editable pdf for calling and releases and then it automatically goes thru a system that uploads all data into a spreadsheet for me, saves it to my server, saves a copy of my pdf and notifies me of the request to take to the stake presidency meeting but I can't load it onto the newsletter for access like I was hoping to
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bmoser wrote:I believe I know the answer to this already but in case I am missing something...

I have created an editable pdf for calling and releases and then it automatically goes thru a system that uploads all data into a spreadsheet for me, saves it to my server, saves a copy of my pdf and notifies me of the request to take to the stake presidency meeting but I can't load it onto the newsletter for access like I was hoping to
How are you trying to "load it onto the newsletter"? You can attach many types of files to a newsletter item, and PDF is indeed one of the allowed attachment types. So one option would certainly be to create a simple newsletter article and attach your PDF to it.

The Newsletter also supports links, so if your PDF is on some server accessible to all the newsletter readers, then another possibility would be to create a link in the body of the newsletter article that links to the PDF.

See Creating Articles in the Newsletter help system for more details.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Newsletter”