Leader tracking for Duty to God program?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jrjLDS

Leader tracking for Duty to God program?

Post by jrjLDS »

Will there be a way for leaders to track/generate reports for the Duty to God program? I realize it's focus has shifted recently, but we are still tasked with helping the YM plan and achieve their D2G.

I'm envious of the YW Personal Progress tracking....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jrjlds wrote:Will there be a way for leaders to track/generate reports for the Duty to God program? I realize it's focus has shifted recently, but we are still tasked with helping the YM plan and achieve their D2G.

That very question was just asked in the recent September 7 LDSTech Broadcast; here is my transcription of that question and answer (from about the 27:45 mark):
Question: Will the leaders be able to mark off Duty to God in the near future?

Answer: That is one of our most requested features -- leader tracking for Duty to God. We are looking at ways to get approval to do leader tracking for Duty to God, but ... we're working on it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jrjLDS

Post by jrjLDS »

That's great to hear. Is there some place I can write to lend my voice to those asking for this feature?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Taking the response at face value, it appears the hold up is "approval" not prioritization.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jrjLDS

Post by jrjLDS »

RussellHltn wrote:Taking the response at face value, it appears the hold up is "approval" not prioritization.

Sometimes the more voices raised in support of a particular subject raises the priority, thus expediting a decision. :)
mhavran

Estimated release date?

Post by mhavran »

I am the Stake YM president. As I have gone around to all my wards and spoken with the YM presidents and Bishops they have all expressed a frustration with tracking the progress of the youth in the Duty to God program. I have read through the threads and realize that you are working on it. Is there an estimation on when this will be released?

The Bishops would be happy to have the same functionality as there is with the YW's Personal Progress.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mhavran wrote:Is there an estimation on when this will be released?
We don't even know if ICS is working on an application/program. The last information available is that they were working on getting approval to start working on leader tracking application/program as stated in post #2.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drutherford

Post by drutherford »

jrjlds wrote:Sometimes the more voices raised in support of a particular subject raises the priority, thus expediting a decision. :)

Is this the appropriate place to raise our voice in support of this subject or would somewhere else be more beneficial to have my voice heard?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

drutherford wrote:Is this the appropriate place to raise our voice in support of this subject or would somewhere else be more beneficial to have my voice heard?
There is a very remote chance that some in a position to pass these suggestions on will visit the forum and read this thread or any others like it. The best place to submit suggestions is through the "Do You Have Feedback on This Page?" link found on most LDS.org pages. The Duty to God site does not have one, so I recommend using the link on the LDS.org home page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mhavran

Duty to God Tracking

Post by mhavran »

I am the Stake YM president and have been for a year. I am also very tech savvy and familiar with the Duty to God program. I also have 2 teenage daughters working on their Personal Progress.

My question is why is the Personal Progress tracking for the YW so much more robust than the tracking for the YM? Specifically here are the features I like about the PP tracking:

1. As a parent I can log in and see exactly where my daugther is at with her progress. I cannot do this as a parent of a YM.
2. As a leader of the YW, they have the ability to see where their YW are in the program. This is vital for advising their presidents on lesson planning and activities. We can not do that for the Duty to God program.

Is there a plan to make the Duty to God program tracking have the same functionality as the Personal Progress tracking?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”