Gospel Library links mirrored in on-line Scriptures?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
wssimpson

Gospel Library links mirrored in on-line Scriptures?

Post by wssimpson »

Does anyone know how much longer it will be before custom links created in Gospel Library will be mirrored in the on-line Scriptures when you sync? The links are listed in the study journal, but they don't appear within the text of the on-line Scriptures.

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wssimpson wrote:Does anyone know how much longer it will be before custom links created in Gospel Library will be mirrored in the on-line Scriptures when you sync? The links are listed in the study journal, but they don't appear within the text of the on-line Scriptures.

This works right now for me. I used Gospel Library on my Android, marked a scripture and added a note, then did "Sync Now." When I went to my Notes and Journal, I saw the scripture I had marked right away. When I went to the online scriptures, I didn't see my annotation immediately in the verse. But some time later (perhaps 5 minutes or so), the highlighting and annotation did appear on that verse.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
wssimpson

Post by wssimpson »

Thanks for the response. My highlighting and notes do appear in the on-line Scriptures. In Gospel Library on my iPod touch, though, I can also create a "link" from one verse to another verse or passage in some other chapter, book, or standard work. What is is not appearing in the on-line Scriptures are my links.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wssimpson wrote:Thanks for the response. My highlighting and notes do appear in the on-line Scriptures. In Gospel Library on my iPod touch, though, I can also create a "link" from one verse to another verse or passage in some other chapter, book, or standard work. What is is not appearing in the on-line Scriptures are my links.
If I understand you correctly, you are talking about a feature that happens to exist in the iOS version of Gospel Library, but doesn't even exist in the online Scriptures. Since the feature doesn't exist in the Scriptures, it makes sense that when you sync to the Scriptures, there's no place for those links to be stored in the Scriptures, and thus they don't appear there.

So it's not so much an issue of syncing, but rather that you would like the link feature to be implemented in the online Scriptures. Once that happens, I would think that the sync would be simple.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
GrasseDD

Re:

Post by GrasseDD »

aebrown wrote:...you would like the link feature to be implemented in the online Scriptures....
Ya! Amen!
And, while they're at it, a desktop version of the Gospel Library app would be nice, too--so I don't have to connect to the internet just to see my scriptures.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”