Publisher unable to add articles to the newsletter

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
HallBJ

Publisher unable to add articles to the newsletter

Post by HallBJ »

I added a member as a publisher to the newsletter site for our ward, but she does not get the "Add Article" link and is unable to add articles.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Did you add her by name or by calling? If by calling, is her calling a standard position in MLS or a non-standard position. It is possible to have a non-standard position entered into MLS that is identical to the standard position. Currently the Newsletter only grants access using the standard positions.

I have not tested to see how long it takes for permissions to take effect when a publisher is added by calling. But I did test using my wife's log on for one added by name and the permissions were granted in the time it took to open another browser and log her on. It may take some time if she was added by calling for the permissions to be processed by the system. If she does not have permissions within 24 hours then there may be other issues at work.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
HallBJ

Post by HallBJ »

She was added by name on Sunday.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure that when she pulls up the website that she's selected "ward" and not "stake".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
HallBJ

Post by HallBJ »

She is viewing the ward page and verified it by sending a image of what she is seeing.
Attachments
NewsletterIssue.jpg
(93.87 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Roger is a "she"??

I think she's signed in with the wrong account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Roger is a "she"??

I think she's signed in with the wrong account.
You have sharp eyes. Excellent catch!
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
HallBJ

Post by HallBJ »

aebrown wrote:You have sharp eyes. Excellent catch!

Thank you, she has since created her own account and it works as designed.

Return to “Newsletter”