Reservation Not Blocking Time and Location

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
geekiemommie

Reservation Not Blocking Time and Location

Post by geekiemommie »

I put in this first Reservation:
reservation2.JPG
(48.03 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
The executive secretary from a different ward put this event in, which is the same time and place that I put in the reservation.
reservation1.JPG
(42.61 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Why did it let him create the event? What did I do wrong? Thanks for all this lovely technology!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

brendalisa wrote:The executive secretary from a different ward put this event in, which is the same time and place that I put in the reservation.

It looks like the reservation is for "Goodyear Ward" and the calendar for the event says "Goodyear Ward". It certainly appears that the event is for the same ward that the reservation is for, which would explain why it was allowed to be saved.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

But what if one was for Primary and the other for Young Womens?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

brendalisa wrote:But what if one was for Primary and the other for Young Womens?
That doesn't make any difference. Reservations are created for wards, not for organizations. If the reservation is for Ward A, then any calendar editor or administrator in Ward A can create an event on top of that reservation. Remember, the reservation has no way of specifying the organization.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Okay, that answers my question perfectly! Thanks SO much for your time!

Return to “Calendar”