Ward Newsletter No Longer Available

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
dfchamplain

Ward Newsletter No Longer Available

Post by dfchamplain »

We have been using the newsletter application since February of this year. This last week, our stake was discontinued and our ward was put into a brand new stake. Since this has occurred, I am not able to view all of our previous postings. I can see the stake postings, but our ward newsletter is gone.

Is this normal? We were going to use our postings as part of the ward history, so I am hopeful that this information is not lost and can be retrieved.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dfchamplain wrote:Is this normal? We were going to use our postings as part of the ward history, so I am hopeful that this information is not lost and can be retrieved.

The process you went through (stake discontinued, ward moved to different stake) is rather uncommon. My guess is that the postings are still associated with your ward's unit number (which I assume did not change). But because your ward is associated with a different stake, those postings are not currently visible.

I don't know what the process would be for fixing this association, but the Newsletter development team certainly does. They might not see this thread until Monday.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

As far as I know our unit number did not change. I also used the "feedback" link on the newsletter page as well. Is there a better place to inform the Newsletter Development team of this issue?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dfchamplain wrote:As far as I know our unit number did not change. I also used the "feedback" link on the newsletter page as well. Is there a better place to inform the Newsletter Development team of this issue?
Requests sent using the feedback link may take a long time to get handled. But I have a way to send a message that will get seen more promptly. I've sent information about your situation, so sometime on Monday it should get some attention.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Newsletter”