Online scriptures not working for me

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
michaelfish

Online scriptures not working for me

Post by michaelfish »

For the past couple of days, the link for the various scriptures takes me nowhere. Just downloads forever. Since I'm having the problem on both my WinXP machinges running iExplorer 8, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

I have no problem with other links, just when I try to access Bible, BoM, D&C, PGP, from the main lds.org page. The problem occurs whether or not I'm signed in. I've deleted the cache. I CAN access the links on my Windows 7 PC running iExplorer 9.

This is not working on either my WinXP machine or my wife's WinXP machine. We both are using Windows XP, iExplorer 8. Any ideas on how this can be fixed (I don't need work-arounds)?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have a Windows XP computer with Firefox and have no issues. Chrome also works fine. When I tried to access the scriptures using IE8 the page downloads all failed after timing out (took an extremely long time for that to happen). So it appears to be an issue with IE8. Since you do not want any work-arounds I won't offer any.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

I'm glad it is happening to others and not just myself and hope it gets repaired soon. Do you think the programmers are already aware of the issue?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Any issues should be reported using the "Do You Have Feedback About This Page?" link. Of course you will have to use another browser to do that. I would not count on someone else making the report. If only one person reports then they may view the issue as probably related to that person's computer. However, if 20, 30, or even 100 report it then the issue is more widespread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

I'll look into this Monday.
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

We have a temp fix in place for now. Can you clear your cache and see if it is any better for you?
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”