Setting up 2013 lessons

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jhowell2000

Setting up 2013 lessons

Post by jhowell2000 »

Do new classes need to be created to have postponing function work for 2013? When we add events for 2013 (stake conference, general conference, etc) will we then have to recreate classes for the postponing of lessons to work, or can existing classes be used?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

An update to Lesson Schedules will have to be rolled out for us to do anything for 2013. We cannot currently see 2013 events even though the application appears to allow us to add them. We cannot add classes for 2013. Only 2012 classes are available at this point. I would expect that the update to allow us to begin work on 2013 events and classes will include a way to postpone events without using the currently defined method.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

An update to Lesson Schedules is in the works and should be available in time for everyone to schedule lessons for 2013.
QA Engineer
mevans

Post by mevans »

LisaAn wrote:An update to Lesson Schedules is in the works and should be available in time for everyone to schedule lessons for 2013.

Lisa, can you give us any idea of when this will come? The timing of "in time for everyone..." is a matter of perspective. I'm trying to start working with various organizations in the ward to get 2013 set up, so now is a good time for me ;).

Many of us have provided feedback about Lesson Schedules and it would be helpful to at least know the nature of planned changes so we can prepare.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I hope the update will allow us to link directly to General Conference talks for the Teachings For Our Times lessons.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Lesson Schedules gets its information (the list of manuals and classes) from another group. When that group updates their information Lesson Schedules auto-magically gets it and you'll see it then. Unfortunately, I don't have an exact date when that's going to happen. Thanks for your patience.
QA Engineer
mevans

Post by mevans »

For those of you trying to plan 2013, I don't know if you have seen or heard of the announcement about new youth curriculum across YM/YW/SS/Seminary (First Presidency letter in September). Hopefully Lesson Schedules will be updated with that content.

Meanwhile, the church just posed more info about the content, as well as the new content online in many languages:
Learn More (I don't know if this has been localized, so I'm providing the English link):
https://www.lds.org/pages/new-youth-curriculum?lang=eng

New content:
https://www.lds.org/youth/learn

I'm not meaning to start a discussion about this content on this thread. I'm adding it to the 2013 thread because it's something you need to know about for 2013 planning, so it seemed like a good place to mention it. If there are additional questions about how this content affects Lesson Schedules, I suggest starting a new topic. If there are questions in general about this content, I don't think tech.lds.org is the place to discuss it. I imagine the church will be providing training through conventional leadership channels.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

That could be interesting mevans, since it appears to me that the new lessons give you a topic for the month and not a specific lesson each week. It looks like it is left up to the teacher/leader to adapt the lessons for each week. That will make it interesting in Young Women and Young Men's particularly since there is usually a leader and an adviser who trade off weeks. Our young women leaders are thinking of taking a month at a time rather than every other week.
brittniejimenez

2013 Schedules

Post by brittniejimenez »

I am trying to create the lesson schedules for 2013 for our Primary In Service Meeting coming up in a few weeks. I don't see the Lesson Schedule out yet as well. Can I expect it to be up soon since we are fast approaching the end of the year and it would be so much easier than trying to recreate it on my own. Thanks!
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We are working as quickly as we can to get you the update so that you can do your planning. We've had requests for changes, including the new Youth Curriculum, that will take time to be coded and tested. We're also going to release Lesson in 10 languages that should be more helpful to more members across the world. Thanks for your patience, we know you are waiting.
QA Engineer

Return to “Lesson Schedules”