Creating emailing groups

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
Brittny

Creating emailing groups

Post by Brittny »

I'm really excited by the development of the newsletter system with LDS.org. I've thought in the past to make my own systems and host them on my own, but it seemed like this would eventually be something that LDS.org would create so I wanted to say hooray, and well done!

I'm looking at the emailing groups in the directory and wondering if there's a way that I can create my own groups, either via LDS.org or from MLS. I would like to make an emailing group that includes all the parents of Primary-aged kids and all Primary teachers/leaders. Is there a way I can make a custom list, or am I limited to the groups that are pre-created?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

brittny wrote:I'm looking at the emailing groups in the directory and wondering if there's a way that I can create my own groups, either via LDS.org or from MLS. I would like to make an emailing group that includes all the parents of Primary-aged kids and all Primary teachers/leaders. Is there a way I can make a custom list, or am I limited to the groups that are pre-created?

There's no way to create your own groups that are stored on LDS.org or in MLS. However, if you want to create your own groups in your own email program, you can start with a list built into the Directory such as the Ward Organization "All Adults" and then edit it to include just the people you want; then you can store that list using the groups or distribution list feature of your email program. That's clearly a bit of hassle initially, and requires maintenance as people come and go or change email addresses, but that's probably the best you can do at this point.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Brittny

Post by Brittny »

Thanks for responding. That's what we're currently doing and it's not too bad, but I'll keep hoping for a more streamlined solution in the future. Thanks!

Return to “Newsletter”