Individual Ordinance Summary - Member Access

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
greenwoodkl

Individual Ordinance Summary - Member Access

Post by greenwoodkl »

I would like to submit a feature request to allow member's access to their own IOS on LDS.org. It would save paper and delays in getting in touch with the ward clerk.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since you submitted this in the Leader and Clerk Resources forum I doubt this feature would be available to the general membership from either of these applications since they do not have access to either of the applications. This would need to be available in some other section or another menu item similar to the Patriarchal Blessing added to the sign in menu.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:Since you submitted this in the Leader and Clerk Resources forum I doubt this feature would be available to the general membership from either of these applications since they do not have access to either of the applications. This would need to be available in some other section or another menu item similar to the Patriarchal Blessing added to the sign in menu.
But nonetheless, the IOS is currently available through Leader and Clerk Resources. That's the only web application that makes the IOS available in any form. So although it would involve some other access method for individual members, this is as good a place as any to submit the suggestion.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I would think this could be in the form of a simple PDF attachment to the individual in the directory, since that all it is in the Clerk Resources.
PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Post by PartridgeRM »

Good suggestions. We'll add them to our backlog.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

You guys at HQ ROCK!!!!!!!!!
son_of_will

Post by son_of_will »

I too would like this feature.

What is the process whereby requests like these get approved and implemented? Should we expect it in several weeks or months from now?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

son_of_will wrote:What is the process whereby requests like these get approved and implemented? Should we expect it in several weeks or months from now?
I don't know the exact process, but it's clear that items on the backlog get prioritized. Those that get assigned a high priority go through an approval process, and the approved, high priority items get implemented when the development team gets to those items. Some items get implemented in weeks or months, and some items that were put on various product backlogs two or three years ago are still not implemented and may very well never be implemented.

A feature like this is clearly in the "nice to have" category -- not an essential feature -- so if I were you, I would not have any expectations at all. When it gets implemented (if that ever happens), we'll be notified in some sort of release notes.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Individual Ordinance Summary - Member Access

Post by lajackson »

bnakyema@gmail.com wrote:I need my membership record number now
Your ward or branch clerk will be able to give you that information. No one here at this user-to-user forum has that information.
zToddW

Re: Individual Ordinance Summary - Member Access

Post by zToddW »

Hi, I believe this should be an important feature to prioritize, to save paper and make it a lot easier on clerks.

My biggest issue related to this, is that an IOS gets printed automatically for every single change to any member record, so several sheets of paper and printer ink get wasted every week.

It's a pain to have to compare every printed IOS to the current member record to see what changed, to see if it would be worth making contact with the member to deliver it to them. (Most of them are insignificant changes that the member does not care about getting a new IOS paper for.) And it pains me to take all those IOS papers freshly printed every week and feed them directly into the shredder. Waste of paper, ink, wear and tear on the printer and the shredder, waste of time, etc. IMHO, much more than a "nice to have" - it's a "need to have".

What I suggest : Instead of having it automatically print an IOS for every single change, automatically email the member to let them know what got changed, with the IOS attached as a PDF file. The email can also let them know they can also request the IOS from a clerk at church.

Perhaps the big changes (new ordinances, or updates to ordinance info) can be still be auto-printed -- but printing a new IOS for every change of phone # or email or correction of spelling or name preference, is such a waste.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”