store.lds.org - items priced at $0.00 never ship

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
andymohlman

store.lds.org - items priced at $0.00 never ship

Post by andymohlman »

Our ward has placed multiple orders for items with unit prices of $0.00 and these items are never processed.

I spoke to a kind sister in support today and she knew of the problem and was surprised it was still happening.

Not sure where bugs are logged, thought I would throw it out here for someone to look into.

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You can provide feedback through store.lds.org by clicking "Do You Have Feedback About This Page?" in the brown ribbon about 2/3 of the way down the page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Hello brother. :)

What is the status of the order on the "My Account" page? I haven't personally had any issues with "free" items and have noted that the status is "Payment Authorized" on all of them. (I'll have to check with my ward council members on my recent orders though. As a ward clerk, I recently discovered the "convenience" of putting the requester's addresses as the delivery address so that organization-specific items never have to see the inside of the clerk's office. :))

Edit: Looks like our Primary President didn't get her order from August 22nd yet. This didn't used to be an issue. I wonder when this started...

Edit edit: I called the store and the agent said they've been having some "upload issues" from the website. I re-placed my orders with him. Hope it gets fixed soon...
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jimbaird »

mfmohlma wrote:Hello brother. :)

What is the status of the order on the "My Account" page? I haven't personally had any issues with "free" items and have noted that the status is "Payment Authorized" on all of them. (I'll have to check with my ward council members on my recent orders though. As a ward clerk, I recently discovered the "convenience" of putting the requester's addresses as the delivery address so that organization-specific items never have to see the inside of the clerk's office. :))

Edit: Looks like our Primary President didn't get her order from August 22nd yet. This didn't used to be an issue. I wonder when this started...

Edit edit: I called the store and the agent said they've been having some "upload issues" from the website. I re-placed my orders with him. Hope it gets fixed soon...

What was the order number that you never received?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jimbaird wrote:What was the order number that you never received?

Replied in Private Message.
andymohlman

Post by andymohlman »

Order #2018266 was the most recent order that experienced this issue. Several orders have been placed over the past four or five months.
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jimbaird »

andymohlman wrote:Order #2018266 was the most recent order that experienced this issue. Several orders have been placed over the past four or five months.

I have someone looking at that order, will get information about it soon.
sphan

Post by sphan »

I have had the same problem as a ward clerk as well.

I had to call the order in manually. I think they were saying their system doesn't sync with the online orders? Not sure but yeah my order which exists in store.lds.org doesn't exist in their system.
jefftenney

Post by jefftenney »

sphan wrote:I have had the same problem as a ward clerk as well.

I had to call the order in manually. I think they were saying their system doesn't sync with the online orders? Not sure but yeah my order which exists in store.lds.org doesn't exist in their system.

Can you check your store.lds.org account settings and make sure one of the addresses (probably your Bishops address) is marked as default. Like this:

Click on John Doe : My Account (upper right)
Click on My Addresses
Click on the address you want to be the default
Check the Default Address box
Click Save Address

I have a theory that the website doesn't transfer the order properly if you have more than one saved address but none is marked as the default.

Let us know if it works.

Jeff
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jefftenney wrote:I have a theory that the website doesn't transfer the order properly if you have more than one saved address but none is marked as the default.
The default for any unit account purchases is the bishop's home address. The default address can be changed from the bishop's to any you have listed in your profile. If it is changed from the bishop's address to another and then that address is removed the default address will be one of the remaining addresses. I have not tested to see if the bishop's address can be removed for those with access to the unit account. But I suspect that at least one address must be in your profile for you to complete an order.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Main Church Website”