Building use calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
DawnDee1

Building use calendar

Post by DawnDee1 »

If I add an event to the ward calendar and mark it for the Haywood Lane building, I am not sure it will show on the building use calendar therefore any conflicts with another event in the same building may not be caught. This could be an issue if scheduling is done on other calendars (different wards, young men, young women, relief society, etc.) and marked for this building but not physically put into the building use calendar. Can you test this and see if this would be an issue? Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Dawndee1 wrote:If I add an event to the ward calendar and mark it for the Haywood Lane building, I am not sure it will show on the building use calendar therefore any conflicts with another event in the same building may not be caught.
An event added to a calendar in which a location is selected and rooms/equipment selected in "Rooms and equipment at this location" will book those resources at that location for time specified in the Start and End times. If a setup time duration and/or a cleanup time is specified, those times will be included for the entire event time for the purpose of booking resources. For example, if you add an event for the Haywood Lane building in the cultural hall on the ward activities calendar with a start time of 5:00 pm and an end time 7:00 pm with a setup of 30 minutes and a cleanup of 30 minutes then those resources are not available to anyone else to schedule. The Calendar application will not allow conflicts to occur.

For more information about the calendar application see the calendar help. You can click the gear icon in the upper right of the calendar and select Help to view the calendar help. Pay particular attention to the Scheduling Events section for information about events and how resources are booked.
Dawndee1 wrote:This could be an issue if scheduling is done on other calendars (different wards, young men, young women, relief society, etc.) and marked for this building but not physically put into the building use calendar.
Unlike the classic LUWS events calendar and resources calendar, the new calendar incorporates resource scheduling and events into one application. It appears you are confusing the classic LUWS calendars functionality with the current calendar. If you read the calendar help you will see that once an event is created for a location and rooms are specified, no other unit or organization can schedule those same resources.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Dawndee1 wrote:If I add an event to the ward calendar and mark it for the Haywood Lane building, I am not sure it will show on the building use calendar therefore any conflicts with another event in the same building may not be caught. This could be an issue if scheduling is done on other calendars (different wards, young men, young women, relief society, etc.) and marked for this building but not physically put into the building use calendar. Can you test this and see if this would be an issue? Thanks.
I'm not sure what you mean by "building use calendar." There are ways to see what events are scheduled for a building, which I suppose you could call a "building use calendar." Specifically, in Week view, you can check the box by the building in question and hide all the calendars. Then you will see only the events scheduled for that building.

But there is no separate "building use calendar." You enter each event only once, and if you specify the location to be one of the locations in your stake, then you will be booking that location (or specific rooms within the location). The system will check for conflicts when you save, and if there are no conflicts, your save will be successful and that event will book the location for that time.

To use your example, if you schedule an event on any calendar, and that event uses the Haywood Lane building, then when you are in Week view and check the box by "Haywood Lane Building" you should see the event you just scheduled.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Dawndee1 wrote:If I add an event to the ward calendar and mark it for the Haywood Lane building, I am not sure it will show on the building use calendar
Unless for some reason you have two "Haywood Lane Building" locations, it DOES work. Try it. Try to create an event when you know that location is in use. Make sure you try to use the same rooms in that location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”