Ward Organizations - new subsections are now missing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Ward Leaders - new subsections are now missing

Post by wertdl »

Over the weekend, I noticed that some new subsections (e.g.: Family History, Ward Missionaries, Technology, etc.) were added. Now, all but "Family History" are gone. What happened? I really liked this - especially because it saved me time scrolling through "Other Callings"...
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

Correction: "Ward Leaders", not "Ward Organizations"
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wertdl wrote:Over the weekend, I noticed that some new subsections (e.g.: Family History, Ward Missionaries, Technology, etc.) were added. Now, all but "Family History" are gone. What happened? I really liked this - especially because it saved me time scrolling through "Other Callings"...
For my ward, I see "Technology" and "Employment and Welfare"; for other wards in my stake, I see a variety of other new groupings ("Activities and Sports", "Family History", etc.). I don't see a lot of consistency. At the stake level, I see several new categories: "Auditing", "Employment and Welfare", "Music", and "Technology".

Not surprisingly, these new sections correspond exactly to what is in CDOL; those new sections have just appeared in CDOL as well (which is clearly why they appear in the Directory now). I imagine that the precise list depends on the standard callings that are filled in these various units.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
showseason

Post by showseason »

I don't know if others are seeing this in CDOL as well, but most of our ward's other callings (except those in the new calling groups previously mentioned) are showing up under the Primary. I left feedback and someone got back to me saying it was the first they heard of it and they would check it out.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

showseason wrote:I don't know if others are seeing this in CDOL as well, but most of our ward's other callings (except those in the new calling groups previously mentioned) are showing up under the Primary. I left feedback and someone got back to me saying it was the first they heard of it and they would check it out.
This problem only affects a small group. It happens to those that somehow had a sunday school or primary teacher in the other callings. As we moved things around this odd case wasn't seen so everything else moved with the sunday school or primary teacher to their class. I'm working on a fix for these.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wertdl wrote:Over the weekend, I noticed that some new subsections (e.g.: Family History, Ward Missionaries, Technology, etc.) were added.
They were created with our last CDOL release, in preparation for MLS 3.5.
wertdl wrote:Now, all but "Family History" are gone. What happened? I really liked this - especially because it saved me time scrolling through "Other Callings"...
It looks like there are some issues with how MLS 3.4.3 and CDOL handle changes to these positions, because there were changes to them that came up from your ward. I'm still investigating what happened.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote: I imagine that the precise list depends on the standard callings that are filled in these various units.
That is correct, the Directory only shows the groups that have positions in them.

The full list of groups for a ward is
  • Bishopric
  • High Priests Group
  • Elders Quorum
  • Relief Society
  • Sunday School
  • Young Single Adult
  • Single Adult
  • Young Men
  • Young Women
  • Primary
  • Technology
  • Activities and Sports
  • Ward Missionaries
  • Employment and Welfare
  • Music
  • Facilities
  • Family History
  • Other Callings
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

My ward directory now has six primary classes listed in the filter results for ward leaders. They are CTR 4, CTR 6, Nursery, Sunbeam, Valiant 10, and Valiant 9. There is nothing unusual about the callings of members for those classes in MLS that I can see that would contribute to removing them from Primary and having them listed separately.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

JonesRK wrote:They were created with our last CDOL release, in preparation for MLS 3.5.

It looks like there are some issues with how MLS 3.4.3 and CDOL handle changes to these positions, because there were changes to them that came up from your ward. I'm still investigating what happened.

Thanks - feel free to contact me directly if needed.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

The thing we have noticed is that the RS has callings with names that are way too long. The go over their field length and hide the name of the person in that calling.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”