database is corrupted and I can't Sign in

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
idjeeper2

database is corrupted and I can't Sign in

Post by idjeeper2 »

A similar and perhaps related issue happened to me yesterday. Fortunately, the finance and membership changes had already been transmitted and the system backup was done. We've been having an ongoing problem with a video driver that causes the BSOD. When I restarted the machine and tried to log in to MLS, it tells me that the database is corrupted and I can't log in. No one else can either.

Ours is the second machine to experience this issue in the Stake. Our STS had just finished restoring the other machine and was overjoyed when I cornered him. He said it appears to be a conflict related to MLS and Java - which leaves me in the dust. At any rate, he said the fix was to completely remove MLS and get a fresh install from Salt Lake. Hopefully it will be back up by Wednesday.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

(Moderator note: This thread has been split from the Multiple Wards in Stake Have Become Unauthorized thread as it addresses a different issue.)
idjeeper2 wrote:When I restarted the machine and tried to Sign in to MLS, it tells me that the database is corrupted and I can't Sign in. No one else can either.
This is caused by MLS being improperly shut down. In this case the cause of the improper shutdown was a system error and not operator error.

It is not necessary to uninstall MLS and do a fresh install. You can recover MLS and Sign in by installing MLS on top of the current installation using the MLS installer found at the MLS download site. You will need to restore your data from a good backup after MLS is installed.

If your STS is going to do the work and he wants, or thinks it is necessary, to completely uninstall MLS and do a fresh install, that is his call.
idjeeper2 wrote:He said it appears to be a conflict related to MLS and Java - which leaves me in the dust.
A conflict between MLS and Java is not likely. MLS installs its own version of the JRE (Java Runtime Environment). It does not use the system installation of Java. A BSOD or STOP error is a system error at the kernel level. These STOP errors are hardware or driver related. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with Java.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”