LDS Family Services payments....

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sjstringham

LDS Family Services payments....

Post by sjstringham »

We received a notification that payments to LDS Family Services for counseling would now be pulled directly out of our account. That is great, because I no longer have to write a check. However, I now have two entries in my expenses marked for fast offerings:medical, however there is no member name associated with them. Plus I have no IROPS record for them. If I had an IROPS, I could potentially assign these costs to the member for future fast offering reporting for the Bishop. But, as it stands, these two records come up every time I query fast offerings. It is very annoying/confusing. Any idea if we will be getting IROPS for these expenses in the future? Or do I just need to bug the Bishop every time I get these expenses to find out who incurred them?
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

This might be something you need to call LUS about, or submit a message through MLS. Do post the answer back though, because I saw the same note and was wondering about the IROPS as well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The information I have as forwarded from my stake clerk is that the UFS will have the information for which you are looking. There is no mention of an IROP, only the UFS. I have attached the announcement document.
Attachments
paymentsLDSfamilyServ2.jpg
(90.92 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Is there a place on ldstech that lists all the acronyms that are used? I suppose if I don't know what an IROPS or UFS are, then I don't need to know. I figured out LUS long ago, but still have trouble with some of them.
thanks
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

TinMan wrote:Is there a place on ldstech that lists all the acronyms that are used? I suppose if I don't know what an IROPS or UFS are, then I don't need to know. I figured out LUS long ago, but still have trouble with some of them.
thanks
IROP - Internal Record Of Purchase
from the attachment, I'm guessing that UFS is Unit Finance Statement.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

TinMan wrote:Is there a place on ldstech that lists all the acronyms that are used? I suppose if I don't know what an IROPS or UFS are, then I don't need to know. I figured out LUS long ago, but still have trouble with some of them.
thanks
The Wiki Glossary has many of them listed, but it's not easy to keep up with all the new ones rolling out. I just added IROP to the list.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Mikerowaved wrote:I just added IROP to the list.
I hope you don't mind. I edited your addition to expand the definition.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:I hope you don't mind. I edited your addition to expand the definition.
Of course he doesn't mind -- it's a wiki :). I made an edit, too.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
terriyaki

Re: LDS Family Services payments....

Post by terriyaki »

What is the website to go to to make a payment?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Family Services payments....

Post by jdlessley »

Are you talking about making a payment to LDS Family Services? I ask because you can tell from the thread discussion that those payments are automatically paid by an internal record of purchase (IROP) from the unit account. If a payment for any other services are needed then your unit should receive an invoice or statement from the provider and you would pay it by check.

If you are asking as a service recipient then contact your bishop/branch president and provide him with the invoice or statement and he will get the payment taken care of for you if appropriate.
JD Lessley

Return to “Local Unit Finance”