MLS user accounts

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rolandc

MLS user accounts

Post by rolandc »

Is there a way to actually remove people from the MLS users, rather than just deactivating them.

Some folks move away, and it would be nice to clean up the list.
Roland
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

They can't be removed if they've been involved with financial transactions until those transactions "age out" of the system. While it may be annoying to see them in your list, as long as they are deactivated, they should cause any other problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

Thanks, they are not causing any issues. What is the time frame for Age Out?
Roland
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In the US, I believe it's 3 years plus current year. In other countries it can be 5 years plus current.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rolandc wrote:What is the time frame for Age Out?

It will be the same as the normal retention requirements for financial information. As RussellHltn said, this is current year plus three in the United States, current year plus five in Canada, and I have no idea what the requirement is in other countries. But whatever it is where you are located, when that time has expired, the inactive MLS logins should also go away.
rscorse47

Post by rscorse47 »

The problem is that a single's branch has personnel changes often, and as a result, I cannot add the new branch presidency, because it (MLS) says "There are too many out-of-unit administrators. Please change the user's settings." I am obviously blind since I cannot find where to delete those former presidency who have been out for years.

Ron S
Snowflake STS
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

A few moderators have a signature line very much like mine. You will find many answers in the LDSTech Wiki. I have included a few links to appropriate articles and sections of articles applicable to this situation.
rscorse47 wrote:The problem is that a single's branch has personnel changes often, and as a result, I cannot add the new branch presidency, because it (MLS) says "There are too many out-of-unit administrators. Please change the user's settings." I am obviously blind since I cannot find where to delete those former presidency who have been out for years.
The purpose for the two out-of-unit administrator slots in MLS is so stake administrators such as the STS and other stake clerks who support local units have access to assist units. It sounds like the single adult branch is incorrectly using those two slots.

Out of unit leaders should be added in MLS using out of unit records. Once that is done those leaders will appear on the unit membership roles and can be added to their appropriate positions just as any other member of the unit. This includes granting them MLS user rights.

The two MLS out of unit administrator user positions can be recovered by following the procedures in the Reusing out-of-unit administrator slots section in the wiki article MLS users.

Once those MLS out-of-unit administrator slots are recovered I highly recommend using the generic naming for at least one of them as recommended in the wiki article to prevent the slot from being assigned to an individual.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”