My Previous Stake Calendar Subscriptions are still Sending Emails

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
merryleigh

My Previous Stake Calendar Subscriptions are still Sending Emails

Post by merryleigh »

I was subscribed to my previous stake's calendar. I've moved, but I am still getting emails from my previous stake. When I go to the calendar feature, it only shows the calendar for my new ward and stake. And because I can't access my previous stake's calendar, I can't unsubscribe from the emails that I am getting. Is there a way to fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

So you've gone to the subscription page under settings? Have you tried unsubscribing from everything and then resubscribing?

When you say you get emails, what kind of emails? You may want to log into the directory to stop emails coming to you via the directory function.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
merryleigh

Post by merryleigh »

Yes, I went to the subscription page, and it said that I didn't have any subscriptions (I haven't subscribed to anything from my new ward or stake). I just tried subscribing and unsubscribing to some calendars in my new ward and stake. We'll see if that makes any difference. But I won't know until I get another email from my old stake if it didn't work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just wanted to point out that on the subscription page there are multiple "tabs". By default it takes you to the ward-level subscriptions. I point that out because it can be easy to miss the "tabs" feature that shows other (such as stake) subscriptions.

Note: I've moved this to a new thread as it's a similar but separate problem as reported in the original thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cutlerjustin

Post by cutlerjustin »

I am having the same problem as reported by merryleigh. Recently moved, but notifications from the old ward/stake calendar are still being sent to me. My subscriptions page only shows new ward/stake calendars, so there's no way for me to unsubscribe from the old calendars.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

For cutlerjustin and merryleigh how recently did your records move or how recently were you able to see your new ward's calendars? We had some problems with the auto move functionality which required us to disable it for the last two weeks or so. You may want to login again today to trigger the new auto move code.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I received an email this week from someone that moved out of our Stake this past January and he's still receiving emails from the calendar! I have shared this thread with him and hopefully the unsubscribing and resubscribing will work. If not, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Margie
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

margiestroble wrote:I received an email this week from someone that moved out of our Stake this past January and he's still receiving emails from the calendar! I have shared this thread with him and hopefully the unsubscribing and resubscribing will work. If not, do you have any other suggestions?

We have reports that for some people simply signing in to the calendar once their records are safely in the new ward is sufficient. In other cases, unsubscribing does the trick. I don't know of any other techniques, short of contacting the developers, but that seems premature to even mention. Try the techniques that have proven to work for some people, and then report back if that doesn't work.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

aebrown wrote:We have reports that for some people simply signing in to the calendar once their records are safely in the new ward is sufficient. In other cases, unsubscribing does the trick. I don't know of any other techniques, short of contacting the developers, but that seems premature to even mention. Try the techniques that have proven to work for some people, and then report back if that doesn't work.

I have asked him to let me know if unsubscribing and resubscribing works for him or not. I will let you know.

Margie
merryleigh

Post by merryleigh »

RussellHltn wrote:Just wanted to point out that on the subscription page there are multiple "tabs". By default it takes you to the ward-level subscriptions. I point that out because it can be easy to miss the "tabs" feature that shows other (such as stake) subscriptions.

The problem is that only the new ward and stake calendars are visible in the different tabs.

Return to “Calendar”