Lost access to clerk.lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
marksmallwood

Lost access to clerk.lds.org

Post by marksmallwood »

Hi all,

I had been going to lds.org/leaders or clerk.lds.org, but all of a sudden a few weeks ago it just started to give me an "Accessed Denied" page. I also don't have the link for clerk resources under my name when I log in.

I checked to make sure that my calling was correct in MLS, and it still is the standard calling. Any ideas what could be going on or how to resolve?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What is your calling? I'm an STS and I can't get to clerk.lds.org, but I can to lds.org/leaders.

Can you log into the CDOL and verify your calling in there? That's what counts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Finance clerks don't have rights to the leader or clerk resources applications.
genman

Post by genman »

JonesRK wrote:Finance clerks don't have rights to the leader or clerk resources applications.

The Access Table does not indicate that Finance Clerks don't have rights to leader or clerk resources. On the Clerks Resources page under Other > Access Table, the roles listed don't actually show the Finance Clerk per se, but it does show access for the role of "Assistant Ward Clerk". The Finance Clerk is an Assistant Ward Clerk. Where do you see that the Finance Clerk does not have rights under Clerk Resources?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

genman wrote:The Access Table does not indicate that Finance Clerks don't have rights to leader or clerk resources.
What table are you looking at? The Callings with Leader Portal access makes it quite clear that while "Assistant Clerk" has access, "Assistant Clerk - Finance" does NOT.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

genman wrote:The Access Table does not indicate that Finance Clerks don't have rights to leader or clerk resources. On the Clerks Resources page under Other > Access Table, the roles listed don't actually show the Finance Clerk per se, but it does show access for the role of "Assistant Ward Clerk". The Finance Clerk is an Assistant Ward Clerk. Where do you see that the Finance Clerk does not have rights under Clerk Resources?
When the Access table says "Assistant Ward Clerk" it is referring to the specific calling (in MLS and CDOL) with that exact name. Financial clerks are generally recorded with the calling "Assistant Ward Clerk - Finance" which is a different calling (as far as MLS and the online applications are concerned). Any calling not listed in the access table does not have any rights.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:
genman wrote:The Access Table does not indicate that Finance Clerks don't have rights to leader or clerk resources.

What table are you looking at? The Callings with Leader Portal access makes it quite clear that while "Assistant Clerk" has access, "Assistant Clerk - Finance" does NOT.

He's looking at the Access Table, which is accessible from either Leader Resources or Clerk Resources on the Other menu. That table does indeed indicate that Finance Clerks don't have access, but only by omission (which is not the clearest way to communicate it). When you open the dropdown list of roles, you'll see that there is an entry for "Assistant Clerk" and "Assistant Clerk-Membership" but no entry for "Assistant Clerk-Finance". That's subtle, but does show that finance clerks have no access at this point.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The assistant ward clerk - finance is differentiated from assistant ward clerk for the purposes of granting permissions on the various church websites and applications. Ryan is correct. The assistant ward clerk - finance does not currently have rights to the leader or clerk resources. Once the finance applications are developed they will have access. That access will be limited to those functions necessary for finance duties.

There are other threads discussing this issue in regards to assistant ward clerk - finance vs assistant ward clerk. If your calling was as an assistant ward clerk but your primary responsibilities are in the finance area you may want to discuss with your bishop being added to the position of assistant ward clerk in MLS. This is what I had to do since I have responsibilities that are not just limited to finances.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:If your calling was as an assistant ward clerk but your primary responsibilities are in the finance area you may want to discuss with your bishop being added to the position of assistant ward clerk in MLS. This is what I had to do since I have responsibilities that are not just limited to finances.

Which begs the question - can the bishop authorize it or does the stake need to weigh in on this?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Which begs the question - can the bishop authorize it or does the stake need to weigh in on this?
I see no reason why the bishop can't authorize this. The stake simply calls and sets apart assistant clerks. There is no calling in the handbook for anything more specific than that -- the specific assignments of "membership" or "finance" are simply assignments that may be adjusted by the ward clerk and/or the bishop.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”