Different Data MLS - LDS.org

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Pghassing

Different Data MLS - LDS.org

Post by Pghassing »

Person in our ward is shown as in Boy Scout callings as the Assistant Scout Master in lds.org but MLS doesn't show this same calling for the individual. Why the differences between the 2. Is there a different data base? HELP :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pghassing wrote:Person in our ward is shown as in Boy Scout callings as the Assistant Scout Master in lds.org but MLS doesn't show this same calling for the individual. Why the differences between the 2. Is there a different data base?
There is one master database for storing the official callings for any member, and it is CDOL. The tools on LDS.org take their calling information from CDOL. MLS feeds changes to CDOL, and receives some calling information from CDOL (for example, stake MLS gets its information about ward-level callings from CDOL).

At times, information from MLS does not get sent properly to CDOL, or was not properly processed by CDOL. That can account for differences such as those you have noted. If MLS and CDOL are not in sync, you should follow the procedure for Correcting duplicate or missing callings.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
showseason

Post by showseason »

Yesterday, my membership clerk tried to clean up some duplicate callings (Primary) on CDOL. Using the info I provided from correct duplicate or missing callings, he did a send for unit refresh data.

He went back to the church almost 3 hours later and did a send/receive again. In the callings listing now (Relief Society specifically) there were no listing for any of the presidency, only other callings. He entered the information for the presidency again and did a send/receive. Now CDOL has duplicate listing for the RS presidency.

He is gun shy now. Do we just need to do the process again? Was the 3 hours long enough to be sure things were done?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

showseason wrote:Yesterday, my membership clerk tried to clean up some duplicate callings (Primary) on CDOL. Using the info I provided from correct duplicate or missing callings, he did a send for unit refresh data.

He went back to the church almost 3 hours later and did a send/receive again. In the callings listing now (Relief Society specifically) there were no listing for any of the presidency, only other callings. He entered the information for the presidency again and did a send/receive. Now CDOL has duplicate listing for the RS presidency.

He is gun shy now. Do we just need to do the process again? Was the 3 hours long enough to be sure things were done?
3 hours should be long enough to get the data back. Unless things are busy, you will have it back in less that 15 minutes. One way to know is to see if the duplicate callings are showing up in MLS. Or you can also watch the send/receive status page (F9). You will see a larger (~10K) CDOL file come down.

Do you have the duplicates for Primary in MLS now? If so try removing them and they should go away in CDOL.
showseason

Post by showseason »

I'm leaning towards thinking things were busy yesterday. Why would most of the callings come through but some did not, maybe it was in the midst of 'thinking'. While out this morning I went by and did another unit refresh. I'll return later this evening or in the morning to see what comes back. The duplicate RS calls don't show in MLS. BTW, the duplicate primary callings were corrected in MLS by the membership clerk and after sending back to CDOL, they do not show there. So, some things worked, some did not. Just hope I can get it fixed for bishopric meeting Sunday.
showseason

Post by showseason »

I must be doing something wrong. I sent the refresh data request yesterday morning some 23 hours ago. Back today and did send/receive, getting message it had been refreshed (created). The MLS calling data appears the same, and does not reflect CDOL information, which had the duplicate listings. Is there something else to try?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

showseason wrote:I must be doing something wrong. I sent the refresh data request yesterday morning some 23 hours ago. Back today and did send/receive, getting message it had been refreshed (created). The MLS calling data appears the same, and does not reflect CDOL information, which had the duplicate listings. Is there something else to try?
The other technique that sometimes helps (but it seems like a long shot in light of the major efforts you've made) is to make a minor change to the calling in MLS (such as changing the set apart flag) and then do a Send/Receive. If that method works, you should see it reflected on CDOL in about 15 minutes.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
showseason

Post by showseason »

OK, CDOL is correct, after deleting some calls in MLS. So if CDOL is correct and I can refresh MLS with that data I should be set, right? I was under the impression that the dulpicate calls would come down to MLS and I could correct them there (delete one of the two) but maybe that was not the procedure at all. Waitng game now to see what comes back via the refresh.
showseason

Post by showseason »

Back again. The supposed refresh came back, but MLS still does not mirror CDOL. Those calls I deleted in MLS helped CDOL and that's a big fix, but now MLS shows holes. I could add the callings back and not do a send/receive but that seems like just postponing the inevidable. Looks like time to make a call to SL.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There was a recent upgrade to CDOL. I'm wondering if it added some new bugs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”