Calenders not recognizing callings

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kevin1mullen

Calenders not recognizing callings

Post by kevin1mullen »

I am the Ward Executive Secretary and I am having an issue where callings are not being recognized. For example our Deacons Quorum Secretary, called on August 5th. Still cannot edit the Deacons Quorum calender. When I look at the Deacons Quorum calender I see that he should have access to view and edit based on his calling because the Deacons Quorum Secretary does have permission to view and edit the Deacons Quorum calender. But when he logs in he still cannot edit the calender. When I look at his profile on LDS.org under callings it does have him listed as the Deacon's Quorum Secretary. So LDS.org knows what he is, but the calender seems to not be making the link to his calling.

I had the same issue a week ago. I created a private Bishopric Calender and gave access to the Bishop, 1st Counselor, 2nd Counselor, and Ward Clerk. None of them could view this calender until I went back into the calender settings and gave permission for this calender based on their name and not their calling.

It seems that there is an issue with linking callings to calenders. I really do not want to manage calender permission based on name. I like managing permission by calling. What am I doing wrong or is these an issue that is being worked on.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kevin1mullen wrote:When I look at his profile on LDS.org under callings it does have him listed as the Deacon's Quorum Secretary. So LDS.org knows what he is, but the calender seems to not be making the link to his calling.
As an Executive Secretary, you should have access to the CDOL. Check in there. Make sure the callings are in black print (standard callings) and not orange print (custom callings). If it is in orange, then someone will have to fix it in MLS. Rights are NOT granted based on custom callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kevin1mullen

Post by kevin1mullen »

Can you tell me what CDOL is? Also, I when I look on LDS.org for callings by organization all callings are listed in black text. No Orange text. I see that custom callings are recognized by as asterisk. In the example I shared about Deacons Quorum Secretary. This is not a custom calling and I am sure the clerk has not used a custom calling in MLS. It is a standard calling.
Any other thoughts?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kevin1mullen wrote:Can you tell me what CDOL is? Also, I when I look on LDS.org for callings by organization all callings are listed in black text. No Orange text. I see that custom callings are recognized by as asterisk. In the example I shared about Deacons Quorum Secretary. This is not a custom calling and I am sure the clerk has not used a custom calling in MLS. It is a standard calling.
Any other thoughts?
CDOL is the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. It is the CHQ official source for all callings.

You are looking in Clerk Resources, which also differentiates custom callings.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kevin1mullen wrote:But when he logs in he still cannot edit the calender.
At the risk of asking the obvious, his he subscribed to the calendar and has the checkbox fill to have it displayed? In the case of Deacons, I wouldn't expect there to be a Stake calendar of the same name causing confusion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”