Multiple Active Sync URLs

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
clarkburbidge

Multiple Active Sync URLs

Post by clarkburbidge »

Are there plans to allow for multiple active sync URLs?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Could you explain what you mean by multiple active sync URLS?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think I understand what's being asked, but I'm more curious about the use case. One concern about multiple URLs I'd have is that members might hand them out as a way around the calendar security system.

There's nothing to prevent that now, but with just one, I'd think members are more likely to keep it for their own use.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
clarkburbidge

Post by clarkburbidge »

Before you create a sync URL you can unsubscribe from all but a few calendars, then only those calendar's events get sync'd. But if you do the same process again for a different set of calendars, and create a new URL, the first one is broken.

Use case: If you wanted a separate calendar in Outlook or Google for your calling and your Aux, but didn't want to combine the two for organizational sake. Or maybe you have a different calendar to your phone and computer.

I do see that it could be used for a way around required login for the lds.org Calendar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This topic has been discussed multiple times. See in particular, the threads:
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”