Building Scheduler

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
geritaylor

Building Scheduler

Post by geritaylor »

Every now and again my calendar will not show the links to enter an event. It only says month on the top bar, instead of week and add. I don't know if I hit the wrong key or what, but I can't enter any events. Hope someone can help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In order for the add event to appear, you must be subscribed to at least one calendar you have editing rights to. Someone designated as a building scheduler in the calendar doesn't automatically have rights to calendars - just to edit events taking place at "his" location.

You could be given rights to calendars via various methods. But you have to subscribe to those calendars.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geritaylor

Post by geritaylor »

I have been the building scheduler for the past five years. This glitch happens at the oddest times with no warning. I lose "agenda, week" but still have month. I also lose the new icons of create, overview and settings. I'm going to be released soon and I want to tell the new schedulers what to do or not to do to avoid this problem.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

geritaylor wrote:I have been the building scheduler for the past five years. This glitch happens at the oddest times with no warning. I lose "agenda, week" but still have month. I also lose the new icons of create, overview and settings. I'm going to be released soon and I want to tell the new schedulers what to do or not to do to avoid this problem.
The buttons for Agenda and Week don't have anything to do with permissions. So if they're not appearing, I would suspect a problem with your browser -- either low memory or cache problems. I'd recommend that you try a couple of things -- clear your browser's cache, and if you have access to a different browser or a different computer, try to open the calendar there and see if the problem recurs. Of course, if it happens rarely and unpredictably, it might be difficult to do a reliable experiment, but it's worth a try.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Glitches happen. Does it "fix" when you do a refresh?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”