Is it possible to change the language in the Convert Data Entry Program (CDE)?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
BrodheadK3

Is it possible to change the language in the Convert Data Entry Program (CDE)?

Post by BrodheadK3 »

So I am here in Brazil, and in order for others to be able to use CDE as well, I need to change the language, since everyone here speaks portuguese, and that makes it difficult to use for Brazilians.

Any ideas on how to change the language?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BrodheadK3 wrote:So I am here in Brazil, and in order for others to be able to use CDE as well, I need to change the language, since everyone here speaks portuguese, and that makes it difficult to use for Brazilians.

Any ideas on how to change the language?
Since CDE is very similar to MLS in many ways, you might see if the instructions for Changing the language setting in MLS give you some ideas. I'm sure those instructions won't work exactly, but hopefully the process is similar.

If you do figure it out, please post the solution here in case anyone else has a similar question.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
BrodheadK3

Post by BrodheadK3 »

Thanks for the idea, but apparently that was already changed, but the words that describe what to input into the boxes are still in english. This makes it kind of hard for anyone to understand.

Thanks anyway!
BrodheadK3

Post by BrodheadK3 »

So I figured it out with the help of the Church MLS Support. I guess what aebrown had said before actually did work, but for some reason I had opened the wrong file.

Here are the instructions for changing the language in CDE.
With CDE closed, do the following:

1. For Windows XP, go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\data
2. Open product.properties (choose to open it with Notepad)
or
1. For Windows 7, go to C:\ProgramData\LDS Church\MLS\data
2. Open product (choose to open it with Notepad)

3. Go to language=
4. Change the letters to that language abbreviation . (For example, if you need to change the language from English to Spanish, change language = en to language = es.)
5. Save the changes

Chinese = zh
Danish = da
Dutch = nl
Finnish = fi
French = fr
German = de
Hungarian = hu
Indonesian = in
Italian = it
Japan = ja
Korean = ko
Norwegian = no
Portuguese = pt
Russian = ru
Samoan = sm
Spanish = es
Swedish = sv
Thai = th
Tongan = to
Ukrainian = uk
BrodheadK3

Post by BrodheadK3 »

BrodheadK3 wrote:
1. For Windows XP, go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\data
2. Open product.properties (choose to open it with Notepad)
or
1. For Windows 7, go to C:\ProgramData\LDS Church\MLS\data
2. Open product (choose to open it with Notepad)

3. Go to language=
4. Change the letters to that language abbreviation . (For example, if you need to change the language from English to Spanish, change language = en to language = es.)
5. Save the changes

the only change for CDE would be where it says MLS in the directory, it would be CDE. Just to let you all know.

Return to “General Discussions”