How remove non-member spouse's name from LDS.org directory?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
seanmbuckner

How remove non-member spouse's name from LDS.org directory?

Post by seanmbuckner »

My spouse is not a member and unhappy that her name appears under my Household in the directory of LDS.org. She wants her name removed and/or changed to reflect something other than her name (e.g. "non-member"). My ward clerk has called Salt Lake numerous times and had her link to me removed in MLS (if I understand correctly), but her name remains on the LDS.org website. Nobody seems to know how to remove her name or change it to some non-identifying term, or they simply say it can't be done. This problem is causing stress in my marriage and I am at my wit's end. Can somebody please tell me how to make this happen? (And please don't say "make a 'special request' via MLS" because that does not work - tried it twice now.) I'd appreciate any guidance someone might have. :confused:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: This was moved from the LDS Account section to the more appropriate Directory section.

I'd suggest reading this thread starting with the post from kteubank, a church employee. You may have to bug LUS a bit. I'm not sure as they realize they have the power do something about it. Short of divorcing your wife, there is NOTHING you can do on the MLS side.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”