Can't get the page to load for the lesson schedule

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
sioux98

Can't get the page to load for the lesson schedule

Post by sioux98 »

My husband and I (RS and Deacons) are the only ones using the class schedule for our ward. When I click view year for the classes that aren't being updated they pull up just fine. For the year view of RS where I can update the lessons I have to refresh and switch between other classes and refresh before I can get it to pull up. Anyone else having loading issues when clicking on view year? I will click on view year and then go do something on another page for a while to give it a chance to load, but it doesn't always load.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Loading issues are hard to troubleshoot. There are some things you can try to isolate the cause.
  1. Have you tried a different browser?
  2. Have you tried another computer or another computer with a different connection to the internet?
  3. Have you tried a different browser on another computer?
  4. Does anyone else in your ward who views the Lesson Schedules have any loading issues?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garycrobinson

Lesson Schedules continue to have loading problems

Post by garycrobinson »

Our ward has made the switch to the Lesson Schedules function on LDS.org. The schedules are updated and changes are posted as needed. The challenge is that members and leaders are becoming frustrated because the function loads so slowly if at all. It appears the site is often down for maintenance, especially on early Sunday morning when members are checking the lessons to be expected that day.

We have tried various computers and browsers. Is there a fundamental problem with this application? Are there expected improvements? We are quickly losing confidence with our members and leaders.

Thank you for any feedback or suggestions.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

garycrobinson wrote:The challenge is that members and leaders are becoming frustrated because the function loads so slowly if at all. It appears the site is often down for maintenance, especially on early Sunday morning when members are checking the lessons to be expected that day.
Sunday has been notorious for server load issues for some church sites. I do not access the church sites until the after noon. Today I did note some load time issues for several sites including the LDSTech Forum. The wiki has not been accessible for several hours. This indicates to me there are server issues today.
garycrobinson wrote:Is there a fundamental problem with this application? Are there expected improvements?
I am not aware of any programmatic problems. The answer to your second question is yes. The Lesson Schedules application will continue to be developed. If you have specific issues that need attention you can post them to this forum. It will help the developers if you provide as much technical detail as possible.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Yes, others have seen page load problems in the past. If you can be more specific with your problems, that might help. They've already fixed several problems and it's been a lot more reliable for me the last two weeks or so.

For example, does some content on the page load, but not all of it? Do you see the "spinning ball" icon anywhere? Or do you just have a blank page with no images or text showing?

Also, if you can provide some basics about what operating system and browser you're using and whether you notice any differences when they change (see jdlessley's comment), that's useful.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”