Syncing calendar with google

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
captcb3

Syncing calendar with google

Post by captcb3 »

I have successfully synced before, but now I have a challenge. I recently moved into a new stake and ward. Online at the Calendar it shows my events based on my new ward. But, when I sync to my google calendar it shows me the events of my previous ward. This is very strange. I recreated the URL numerous times to see if was a clear the old path issue, to no avail.

How about it? anyone seen and/or solved this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to try unsubscribing from everything and then resubscribing to the calendars you want. And by "subscribe" I mean you go into the the settings menu, not the check boxes on the main page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rpetty

Post by rpetty »

captcb3 wrote:I have successfully synced before, but now I have a challenge. I recently moved into a new stake and ward. Online at the Calendar it shows my events based on my new ward. But, when I sync to my google calendar it shows me the events of my previous ward. This is very strange. I recreated the URL numerous times to see if was a clear the old path issue, to no avail.

How about it? anyone seen and/or solved this issue?
I'm seeing the same issue on Google and Calendar on OS X. I can load the calendar one time on Google, but subsequent refreshes break. I cannot get the calendar to sync at all with Calendar.

I understand from the release notes that sync is currently broken. https://tech.lds.org/blog/524-ldsorg-ca ... 2-released
brucedcarlson

Post by brucedcarlson »

Same issue here. Nice to know that they know it's broken...
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

Unfortunately sync is still disabled after yesterday's update. We are actively working on getting it working again and will put an announcement here on the forum when we push out an update with the fix included.
grantjohnson

Sync doesn't work on MAC

Post by grantjohnson »

there was an unexpected error with the request on subscribed calendars (error -1)

This is the message I get when trying to sync my calendar in FILE-NEW CALENDAR SUBSCRIPTION. I am using Mountain Lion on OSX MAC.

It used to work. Fix coming soon?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

grantjohnson wrote:It used to work. Fix coming soon?

As you can see in the post that preceded yours, the sync has been disabled. The development team is actively working on it. You can subscribe to the thread Calendar Availability Issues to see an announcement when it is available again.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”