Cannot add a new event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
camppaul

Cannot add a new event

Post by camppaul »

I have confirmed both by our ward clerk and on phone with the mother ship the I have administrative rights. On my account at lds.org, there is no "+" to enter new events nor can I doubleclick to create a new event. I cannot edit either, only view and not entirely sure if I'm viewing it because I see some of the same calendars from my previous ward and calling, but not all.

I was 2nd councilor to the bishop in a different ward, 7 weeks ago and everything worked. Now as 2nd councilor to the bishop in my new ward, I'm having calendar issues. The new ward shows I'm an administrator and SLC, so is the a reset or something? Please help.:confused::)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Under settings, check that you are subscribed to the calendar(s) in question. If you are a out-of-unit leader, make sure you've selected the right stake.

The "+" will not appear if you don't have admin rights to any of the calendars that are displayed. As a member of the bishopric, you only have admin rights to your new ward.

You might want to check and see if your new ward even has any calendars. Particularly if this is a new ward. Unless something has changed, there are no "default" calendars. All have to be created by someone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

One thing to also keep in mind is that we've made some temporary changes in the production environment that could affect whether you see calendars from a previous ward. We are currently testing a new release that will fix this issue and expect to release it very soon. In fact we are going to push the release candidate to the beta environment at http://lds.org/calendarws later today. Try the beta version out later this afternoon or evening and let us know if you see the same problem.
camppaul

Post by camppaul »

Thanks for the tip. I took a closer look at my subscriptions and have unsubsribed and subscribed to the calendars of my new ward. :cool: simple fix. Thanks again, and I'll try out the beta too.

Return to “Calendar”