Map administrator household verification

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Map administrator household verification

Post by jdlessley »

I thought I had posted this issue previously, but I am unable to find it. I know it was a couple of weeks ago. But since I have not seen the issue raised by any other LDS Maps administrators I am not sure this is a feature or a bug since I cannot locate any information about this behavior in the LDS Maps help.

The issue concerns the household location verification for a Maps administrator. As an administrator I must take additional steps than is required to verify other households and have my household location appear as verified. On some previous release of Maps I took the same steps as I do now for any other household to verify my own household instead of an additional set of steps.

(Note: If an administrator has already had his household verified in a previous release of Maps they may not notice this behavior. I only found it after setting my household location to "Unknown Location" to test some other issues.)

When I verify the household location in the same manner as I do for any other household location in my unit the household directory shows my household as "Household's location is Member Verified". The household marker on the map shows the member verified symbol. The household details popup shows "Location verified by head of household". These are the steps I normally take to verify any other household location listed as "Unmapped".
  1. Click household name in the Households directory.
  2. Click Place in the household details pup-up.
  3. Click the Start Move button in the Set Location pop-up.
  4. Click the location on the map
  5. Click the Submit button with the radio button for Exact Location or Approximate Location selected as appropriate.
To complete the verification for my household I must click the Edit link of the household details popup and change the location status to "Exact Location" and click the Submit button to get my household verified. Otherwise it remains "Member Verified".

Is this behavior intentional or is this a bug?

There is a side issue related to the issue above. While my household shows a status of Member Verified and the household details popup Edit link is clicked the household status defaults to "Unknown Location" since there is no "Member Verified" status to choose from.

I came across this side issue when editing Category information for the household. If the Household status is not changed to something else on the list and the changes are submitted the household status is changed to "Unknown Location" and the map marker is removed for this status.

By changing the verification issue for the administrator I noted in the first part of this post to be the same for all households, the side issue would also be corrected.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:I thought I had posted this issue previously, but I am unable to find it.

You posted it to the Updating Address After Moving thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Thanks, but that is not the posting I was referring to. The issue discussed there is different.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:I thought I had posted this issue previously, but I am unable to find it. I know it was a couple of weeks ago.

Your original thread is Administrator verifies own location.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:I thought I had posted this issue previously, but I am unable to find it. I know it was a couple of weeks ago.

Your original thread is Administrator verifies own location.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Thanks, that's the one. This thread has a better description of the issues.
JD Lessley

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”