Can't see main calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
carlyjane35

Can't see main calendar

Post by carlyjane35 »

I am both a ward and a stake calendar administrator. For roughly a week and a half I have not had full access to the calendar. When I log in I see all the sidebars and can use all the tools, but I cannot view the actual calendar.

What can I do? How can I fix this? Between my two calendaring callings, I need to view the calendar multiple times during the week.

Thank you!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

carlyjane35 wrote:I am both a ward and a stake calendar administrator. For roughly a week and a half I have not had full access to the calendar. When I Sign in I see all the sidebars and can use all the tools, but I cannot view the actual calendar.

[Moderator note: I moved this post to a new thread from the existing thread Calendar Availability Issues, since that thread deals mostly with the calendar sync capability.]

Could you explain in a little more detail what you mean when you say "I cannot view the actual calendar"?
  • Is the place the calendar would normally display simply blank?
  • Do you see a spinner (progress indicator)?
  • What view are you in (Month/Week/Agenda)?
  • Does changing the view make any difference?
  • Does changing the date (moving to a different month/week/day) make any difference?
  • Have you tried this on other browsers or computers?
  • Have you asked others in your ward if they have similar problems?
  • If you happen to also be a building scheduler, can you see the Reservations calendar?
Sorry for all the questions, but these might help narrow down the source of the problem. Sometimes problems are related to a computer or browser, sometimes they are general problems with the Calendar application, and sometimes they are related to a specific event on your calendar.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would also try unchecking some calendars. You may find one of them has some corrupted data. Or there might be a cumulative overload. Unchecking can help narrow it down.

Typically when there's a problem we see a number of posts reporting the same thing. So far it's sounding like a issue with your computer or calendar data, otherwise I think we'd see more posts reporting the same thing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbutler49

Calendar is not working with Firefox but works with Internet Explorer

Post by dbutler49 »

carlyjane35 wrote:I am both a ward and a stake calendar administrator. For roughly a week and a half I have not had full access to the calendar. When I Sign in I see all the sidebars and can use all the tools, but I cannot view the actual calendar.

What can I do? How can I fix this? Between my two calendaring callings, I need to view the calendar multiple times during the week.

Thank you!

I had the same problem, and I was using the Firefox browser. Then I tried to view the calendar on Internet Explorer, and it worked ok. The problem seems to be with the Firefox browser.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dbutler49 wrote:I had the same problem, and I was using the Firefox browser. Then I tried to view the calendar on Internet Explorer, and it worked ok. The problem seems to be with the Firefox browser.
Well, I use Firefox all the time and never have this problem. So it's not simply an issue with Firefox. But perhaps there's some particular set of data for your calendar that doesn't interact nicely with Firefox.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
carlyjane35

still not working

Post by carlyjane35 »

The space is blank (tan colored). I have tried clicking on week/month/agenda and no change. I have tried clicking on a date on the side calendar, no change. There is an initial spinner, but it stops without loading the calendar. My husband (who is not an administrator) can open and see the calendar, as can two stake people I asked, and a few people in my ward who contacted me about scheduling events.

I have been using Google Chrome. Sorry it didn't occur to me to try a different browser as I always use chrome. It works in firefox and explorer.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

Not sure if my issue is the same as this or not. When I log on to calendar using a Mac running Lion with Firefox 15 the sidebars appear and I have all functionality of the calendar. The screen is tan in the middle, the calendar is displayed, but below everything else. I have to scroll down to see it. At least that is what it has been doing. This afternoon as I started typing this, I am getting the eternal spinner on the calendar page so I cannot post a screen shot of what I have been seeing the last few days.

When I log on to the calendar using Safari 6, the calendar appears correctly.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jhowell2000 wrote:When I log on to calendar using a Mac running Lion with Firefox 15 the sidebars appear and I have all functionality of the calendar. The screen is tan in the middle, the calendar is displayed, but below everything else. I have to scroll down to see it. At least that is what it has been doing.

Are you at the default zoom? I find that if I zoom in (using Ctrl-+) I can see this same effect; there is no longer room for the box containing the main calendar, so it floats down below the sidebar. When I return to the default zoom (using Ctrl-0), the display is correct.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

Simple fix, that worked. Thank you aebrown.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jhowell2000 wrote:Simple fix, that worked. Thank you aebrown.
Thanks for reporting back. Now that I go back and read the original post from carlyjane35 (and probably also dbutler49), it seems likely that the browser's zoom is exactly the cause of their problems as well.

Return to “Calendar”