Map editing and Saving

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
scottfb

Map editing and Saving

Post by scottfb »

I am our Ward Mission Leader and have been given a map of our ward, that contains both the last name and address in the lots within our Ward boundaries. If possible, could you develop the map program to allow editing of the lots in the ward, so that members of the ward council could change the name on each lot, whether a member or nonmember lived there?.

Is there a way to print the last name and address within the lot on the map of the residences within a ward's boundaries?

Thank you for your help in this matter.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

scottfb wrote:I am our Ward Mission Leader and have been given a map of our ward, that contains both the last name and address in the lots within our Ward boundaries. If possible, could you develop the map program to allow editing of the lots in the ward, so that members of the ward council could change the name on each lot, whether a member or nonmember lived there?.
To what are you referring when you say "lot"? LDS Maps does not edit underlying map information provided by Google or Bing. Instead layers are added. Layers added by the Maps program include member location, facilities, boundaries, and others listed under Options. But nowhere do I see anything related to lots. Could you clarify what it is you are referring to?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scottfb wrote:I am our Ward Mission Leader and have been given a map of our ward, that contains both the last name and address in the lots within our Ward boundaries. If possible, could you develop the map program to allow editing of the lots in the ward, so that members of the ward council could change the name on each lot, whether a member or nonmember lived there?.

Is there a way to print the last name and address within the lot on the map of the residences within a ward's boundaries?

This same topic was discussed in the thread Building a Better Map; see in particular this post, which contains a suggestion for how to accomplish this goal using Google Earth.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”