Out of unit members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ToponceKC

Out of unit members

Post by ToponceKC »

I have input records for several out of unit leaders in a YSA stake. I have done each one the same. Some of them can use the LDS tools and view wards within the stake. Others are not able to see anything in the stake. Why would this occur.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would imagine that completeness of information for the out of unit leader and calling in the YSA stake would be the two things I'd look at.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

All records have been input using their membership record from their home ward. All information has been put in the same. On several I have even re-dune them. For example 3 of the 5 new H.C. members cannot see the wards in the stake. The stake R.S. cannot see but some of her councelors can. Just wondering if anyone has faced this issue before.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

toponcekc wrote:The stake R.S. cannot see but some of her councelors can.
I'm a bit confused here, but your stake is currently showing 2 stake R.S. presidents (in CDOL). But if I'm following it correctly, I'm looking at the one with a newer active date, she doesn't have an LDS Account so who's account is she logging is under? That would likely be why she doesn't see the YSA units.
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

I am the stake assistant clerk. I currently am not able to see the stake. I will have to clear out the old president. I am new and was not aware the old clerk has not done that. I will also ask her what account she is using. She had told me it was her lds account.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

toponcekc wrote:I am the stake assistant clerk. I currently am not able to see the stake. I will have to clear out the old president. I am new and was not aware the old clerk has not done that. I will also ask her what account she is using. She had told me it was her lds account.
For you the issue is time. Your position just made it to CDOL today (due to 'needing' human review - that will be going away soon for most positions), so your rights won't show up until tomorrow morning.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

toponcekc wrote:She had told me it was her lds account.
She may think it's her account, but she may have entered someone else's membership number. I've heard stories about temple recommends having the spouse's MRN on them. Something like that may have happened here.

I would have her log in to ldsaccount.lds.org and look at her birth date. That date appears to come from the membership record and can not be edited in the profile.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

Thank you for the help. The human review helps as well. I have a stake H.C. Who was made a stake auditor. He has been unable to log in for his audits. I corrected his calling to show he had been set apart. He called this morning still not able to connect. Since I only made him official on Monday he is probably under review. It was Monday I noticed the past clerk had not shown me as set apart. That is why I am just showing up as well. Makes sense.
Again thanks for the help.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

toponcekc wrote:I have a stake H.C. Who was made a stake auditor. He has been unable to log in for his audits. I corrected his calling to show he had been set apart. He called this morning still not able to connect. Since I only made him official on Monday he is probably under review. It was Monday I noticed the past clerk had not shown me as set apart. That is why I am just showing up as well. Makes sense.

Aside for the time to update in CDOL, you may want to make sure the new Auditor is recorded in MLS in a Standard position (gold star) and not as a Custom position (orange circle). In my experience, whether or not the person is set apart does not change access. (It certainly works well as a flag to trigger updates when needed, though).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Aside for the time to update in CDOL, you may want to make sure the new Auditor is recorded in MLS in a Standard position (gold star) and not as a Custom position (orange circle).
You can also look in the CDOL. Positions in black print are standard. Orange print is custom (and will have no additional rights to any website).

Return to “Membership Help”