Language problem

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Moderator note: This thread was moved from the LDS.org Website/Calendar forum to the LDS.org Website forum, as it applies to many more areas of lds.org than just the Calendar.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ebastow

Post by ebastow »

This is doing this to everyone in our Stake Leadership (I'm assuming USA wide)
kennova

Post by kennova »

Glad to see the issue is getting attention, it's still happening to our entire bishopric. Hopefully a fix is forthcoming.
Kenn North
Texas
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The quick fix is don't log out. I have IE set up such that each window is in a different session. Once I close the window, that's it - I'm out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:The quick fix is don't log out. I have IE set up such that each window is in a different session. Once I close the window, that's it - I'm out.
Agreed. I never sign out, unless I'm using a shared computer. That does happen when I'm on the clerk computer at church, but I close the browser completely when I'm done, too, so this language issue is not a problem for me at all.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kennova

Post by kennova »

It signs me out automatically. Whenever it is idle for a time it signs me out. Even then, if I don't sign put explicitly (and actually I've never signed out explicitly), but just close the browser, the next time I go to lds.org it's set to Spanish.
Kenn North
Texas
kennova

Post by kennova »

Now it's choosing Korean for me... And the HP Group Leader is getting spanish as well. I see that the login form was updated, was this not fixed?
Kenn North
Texas
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kennova wrote:Now it's choosing Korean for me... And the HP Group Leader is getting spanish as well. I see that the login form was updated, was this not fixed?

They are very aware of the problem and are still working on it.

There are other threads on the subject, including these:
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

We know the cause and are working to get it fixed right now. Should be fixed any time now.

I can't go into the details, but this may pop up again over the weeks as we continue to work through the issue. Your reporting of it is very helpful, please continue to do so in the future.
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.
kennova

Post by kennova »

Thanks Aaron and lajackson for the update.
Kenn North
Texas

Return to “Main Church Website”