"Callings By Organization" in MLS / Tools / Clerk Resources is wrong

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
trohlfing

"Callings By Organization" in MLS / Tools / Clerk Resources is wrong

Post by trohlfing »

In MLS, my Primary organization and callings list looks good. But when I go to lds.org, and look at the Tools / Clerk Resources area, and bring up the Organizations / Callings / Callings By Organization report, it shows several bogus organizations (like "Ward 12" or "Ward 13" or "Ward 14" near the bottom, and each of these bogus organizations shows two or three Primary teachers. These happen to be "custom" classes I created, for example one is "Primary Teacher - CTR 5/6" because we combined those two age groups into one class.

Why does everything look correct in MLS, but in lds.org, some of these Primary positions show up in these bogus organizations?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Part of the reason is that not all of the class information has been transferring between MLS and CDOL. We are working through the final testing of some of that. I looked at your ward in the test environment and it looks some better than in production. You will still have some cleanup after MLS 3.5 comes out, but mostly that is because of the custom positions that we can't determine correctly where they should go.
trohlfing

Post by trohlfing »

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad the new release will improve the situation. Is there a better way to enter that a custom position is part of a certain organization that I haven't stumbled onto? MLS seems to know which organization a custom position is part of. (that is, the ones in question show up in the Primary, as they should.)

When will 3.5 be out?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”