FIR

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
dklotter

FIR

Post by dklotter »

I noticed today (August 20) that the FIR application is no longer showing up under the tools for people within our stake. I'm wondering why since we were informed last week by our FM group to begin using the ap since they now had access to it. Any help appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dklotter wrote:I noticed today (August 20) that the FIR application is no longer showing up under the tools for people within our stake. I'm wondering why since we were informed last week by our FM group to begin using the ap since they now had access to it. Any help appreciated.
There have been a lot of changes in the Tools menu over the last couple of weeks, and those changes are still stabilizing.

You can still get to the FIR application by going to https://lds.org/fir -- so it's not a problem of the app being down or inaccessible. But with it not on the Tools menu, it's obviously not as easy to access the application.

Hopefully the menu changes will be completed soon....
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Call IT Support and they said that they are working on getting FIR restored to the Tools menu
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: The thread was moved from "Other Technologies" as it has to do with lds.org

On the main lds.org site I don't see FIR when I'm not logged in, but once I log in the FIR appears in my tools menu (along with CDOL, and Leader Resources). This would seem to be logical since FIR is not available to most members but is based on one's calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:On the main lds.org site I don't see FIR when I'm not logged in, but once I log in the FIR appears in my tools menu (along with CDOL, and Leader Resources). This would seem to be logical since FIR is not available to most members but is based on one's calling.

It's accurate to say that FIR should only appear when you're signed in. That's the case now, but wasn't the case a few hours ago; even when I was signed in, FIR did not appear on my Tools menu. But as pete.arnett noted, getting FIR restored to the Tools menu was underway when he called earlier today, and we're happy to see that FIR got restored very promptly.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Main Church Website”