How to update my name and email address in all systems

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
cljhere

How to update my name and email address in all systems

Post by cljhere »

I was recently married. MLS and our membership records have been updated. I have updated my email address in the household section of the ward directory. I have also gone to LDS Account to update my information. In most places my name and email address has been updated. When I create an event or send out an event email through the ward calendar it still shows my maiden name. Is there a lag in the updates, or is there somewhere else I need to go to update my information? It's been over a month since MLS was updated and about two weeks for the LDS Account and ward website updates. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want have your MLS record reviewed. Make sure both your Preferred Name and Full Name on your Individual Record have been updated.

Also, in the Household record, make sure the Family Name is correct.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cljhere

Still haven't figured it out

Post by cljhere »

This is still a problem for me, but I have another clue to the puzzle, that will hopefully help troubleshoot. Are any contacts for the new calendars, directories, etc. pulling from the classic systems? Someone submitted an event through the classic sites (even though we are using the new ones) and that email identified my new married name with my old email address. When in the "Update Profile" part of the classic sites, it lists my original email as the "LDS Account Primary Email Address", and my new email as the "Ward Directory Email Address". There does not seem to be an option in the classic sites to remove my old email address. It's odd that the classic profile and LDS Account are not in sync.

I am actually the building scheduler and have some ward admin rights if that makes a difference. It's starting to get confusing for some (who don't know me) to have my new contact listed in some places and old in others.

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cljhere wrote: When in the "Update Profile" part of the classic sites, it lists my original email as the "LDS Account Primary Email Address", and my new email as the "Ward Directory Email Address". There does not seem to be an option in the classic sites to remove my old email address. It's odd that the classic profile and LDS Account are not in sync.

It's not all that odd that anything on the classic site is out of sync -- the classic ward and stake websites are being phased out soon, and have not received any development attention for a very long time. I can certainly understand how these inconsistencies could be frustrating, but given that the classic site will be gone soon, I wouldn't worry too much about how that site works. Your ward and stake should really not be using the classic site for calendaring anymore -- there have been plenty of warnings that it would be retired, and you're living on borrowed time in that regard.

However, from your original post, it sounds like you have a problem with the new Calendar using your maiden name. You didn't specifically mention it, but I'm assuming that the new Calendar is using your correct new email address. If it's just an issue of your name, then I doubt that playing with your email address will make any difference. The topic of the name associated with sent emails was discussed in the context of Leader Resources sending out emails, and this post suggested that changing the LDS Account display name might help. But I imagine you've fixed that, too....

Did you actually check with your ward clerk to verify your MLS information, as RussellHltn suggested?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cljhere

Post by cljhere »

My ward clerks confirmed that name, email, and everything is up to date in MLS. LDS Account and directory have also been updated. My contact information in the calendar and directories are correct.

Notifications through the new calendars reflect both my maiden name and old email address. Any help in how to update that would be appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cljhere wrote:It's starting to get confusing for some (who don't know me) to have my new contact listed in some places and old in others.
cljhere wrote:Notifications through the new calendars reflect both my maiden name and old email address.

Is your old contact information actually displayed by any of these web applications? If so, could you please explain exactly where that old information is displayed? In this case, other members would probably be sending email to the wrong address.

Or is it simply a matter of the system sending automated email messages to the old email address, and including your maiden name? If so, could you please explain what kind of messages (e.g., notice of an event being added/updated/deleted, calendar editor changes, etc.) you are receiving?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cljhere

Post by cljhere »

My old contact information is not actually displayed in any of the web applications.

It is both a matter of the system 1) sending email notifications (such as event creation/calendar event notification) as coming from my maiden name and former email address and 2) receiving notifications (stake messages, event notifications, etc.) to the old email address.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cljhere wrote:I have also gone to LDS Account to update my information.
I know you said you checked it, but I'd go back and look again. I'd expect that calendar notifications would go to your Primary Email listed on your LDS Account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cljhere

Post by cljhere »

I would also expect that calendar notifications would go to my Primary Email listed on my LDS Account. Haven't figured out why I am not getting them yet. Notifications are still going to my former email account.
namechangecalendarnotifications.docx
(134.35 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How recently was it changed? We were notified that some updating process was suspended to work out some kinks.

Return to “Church Account”