LDS.org Search Improve it please!!!

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
robertsa

LDS.org Search Improve it please!!!

Post by robertsa »

With the Church doing so much on the new LDS.org site it seems they have forgotten to update, or change or do something with the search algorithms. It is so frustrating to be trying to search for something that should really only take a matter of second. But with the search on the Church Website it takes hours, if you ever find what you are looking for. PLEASE update or do something to improve the search on LDS.org
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

We, the community, have been discussing this (complaining about this) for years. Until there is a solution that works the best approach is to use a search engine. I use Google and the site specific search operator. For example if I want to search the forums I type in "site:tech.lds.org/forum [search key words]". There are no spaces in any of the site specific portion. Also the operator can come before or after the search key words. Anything entered into the [search key words] portion is the same used to search the general internet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

We have something up our sleeves in this area and should have something to share in the next few weeks. We will be doing a beta test like other apps have done to let people beat it up before replacing it on the main site.

But SHHHH... don't let anyone other than you two guys know about it ;)
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.

Return to “Main Church Website”