Unfilled custom callings

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
EricAlvey

Unfilled custom callings

Post by EricAlvey »

If a custom calling no longer has a member associated with it; an unfilled calling, what is the effect of deleting that custom calling? I am an assistant stake clerk, the clerk is very wary of what effect this may have. MLS has hundreds of these on the stake computer. Please advise...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As far as I know, it just means you can't easily stick a new member into the calling, you'd have to recreate it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

EricAlvey wrote:...the clerk is very wary of what effect this may have.
Russell's correct. Because MLS doesn't keep any history of callings, there's no adverse affect in pruning unoccupied custom positions.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
EricAlvey

Post by EricAlvey »

Thanks for the replies. I'll prune away the excess custom callings along with some superstions on the part of some not very "tech" MLS users. Thanks for being there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only other thing I can think of is if you want to keep a list of "open callings". That is callings that the stake wants to fill. But being custom callings, I'd think that would only be a handful, not "hundreds".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”