Administrator verifies own location

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Administrator verifies own location

Post by jdlessley »

I don't know if I have discovered a bug or if the functionality is intended.

I have administrator rights to LDS Maps. When I verify my own household location Maps shows the location as member verified instead of showing the location as verified. All other locations show verified when I verify them. The member verified status does not change no matter how many times I verify the location. Only another administrator can verify my household location.

I expect that when an administrator verifies any location, even his own household, it should show as verified and not member verified.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:I expect that when an administrator verifies any location, even his own household, it should show as verified and not member verified.

Sounds like the site is functioning properly to me. IIRC, once an admin verifies the site, the member can't move it. How would you feel if after you get released you can't move the marker for your own home?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:Sounds like the site is functioning properly to me. IIRC, once an admin verifies the site, the member can't move it.
I am an administrator. Therefore I can move my household marker after I or any other administrator moves it. The problem is that even as an administrator my household location does not show as verified once I verify it. It should show as ""verified" not "member verified" (location verified by head of household). The icon displayed next to my household in the directory on the left of the page is the blue circle icon. The map marker is a green circle with the blue member verified icon at the 1:30 position. There should be no icon for my household in the map directory since it has been verified by an administrator. That administrator is me. The Map marker should be the green marker without blue circle icon at the 1:30 position.
RussellHltn wrote:How would you feel if after you get released you can't move the marker for your own home?
This does not make sense. If my household location has been verified and I get released from my calling that gives me Map administrator rights I should not be able to move my household location.

How would I feel? I would feel the system is working as programmed. I should not be able to move my household location marker because it was verified by an administrator and after the release I would not be an administrator. The only time I should be able to move my household location would be after I move to another unit and before my household location is verified by a Map administrator for that unit.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”