Extended length of All Day Events

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
showseason

Extended length of All Day Events

Post by showseason »

I'm seeing on my 1.5.0.2 rel LDS Tools for Android, some scheduled events outside the original intent. lds.org calendar is correct but on my phone I see:
1) FHE scheduled each Monday by stake - I see on each Sunday as well as Mondays. 2) Single Adult Conference (I put in) runs Friday thru Sunday but phone shows Thursday thru Sunday. 3) Ward Camp out (put in by our ward Ex Sec) for Friday and Saturday, shows Thursday thru Saturday on LDS Tools for Android. Yes, I have tried re-sync.

Sorry of this was addressed earlier but I did not find it.
Al
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

showseason wrote:I'm seeing on my 1.5.0.2 rel LDS Tools for Android, some scheduled events outside the original intent. lds.org calendar is correct but on my phone I see:
1) FHE scheduled each Monday by stake - I see on each Sunday as well as Mondays. 2) Single Adult Conference (I put in) runs Friday thru Sunday but phone shows Thursday thru Sunday. 3) Ward Camp out (put in by our ward Ex Sec) for Friday and Saturday, shows Thursday thru Saturday on LDS Tools for Android.
Let me guess: these are all "full day" events? I suspect the "day" logic is on "Mountain Time" and causing the display issue. We've seen that before with the lds.org calendar display.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

My money is on Leap Year calculation... that bit us on the Kansas City Temple Open House reservation system...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JohnShaw wrote:My money is on Leap Year calculation... that bit us on the Kansas City Temple Open House reservation system...

I could see it being one day off but if I'm reading this right, this is a one-day event that now spans two days.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
showseason

Post by showseason »

RussellHltn wrote:Let me guess: these are all "full day" events? I suspect the "day" logic is on "Mountain Time" and causing the display issue. We've seen that before with the lds.org calendar display.

That's correct they are one or more full day events. Based on Mountain time? That makes sense, but does not change the output.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I should have tried this sooner. I have the same version of Tools on my Android (1.5.0.2), but all my full-day events are normal. And I'm not in the mountain time zone. So I think we're going to have to look for a better theory. I'm on Android 2.3.6

Any chance your unit's calendar is in a different time zone then your phone? Or you're running ice cream sandwich?

showseason

Post by showseason »

PDT, BUT I just got word that there is a new build of LDS Tools for Android ready for testing. One of the fixes is - Fixed Calendar All-Day events showing on previous day. Ask and ye shall receive.
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

showseason wrote:PDT, BUT I just got word that there is a new build of LDS Tools for Android ready for testing. One of the fixes is - Fixed Calendar All-Day events showing on previous day. Ask and ye shall receive.
I am in Pacific timezone. Computer and devices all set to Pacific timezone.

Running LDS Tools version 1.5.0.2 on both my Android devices, phone running Android 2.3.6 (not ice cream sandwich) and tablet running Android 4.0.4(is ice cream sandwich) shows all day events on both the previous and the correct day.

Glad to hear there is a fix on the way.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The issue is the handling of time zones. For some time (discussed in another thread I was not able to find), if you were in a different time zone than Mountain, your all day events covered two days. One by one, developers have been fixing the issue. I seems to have happened on almost every device, and with the main online calendar as well, which was first to be fixed.

How your device is set is also a factor, but even with everything set properly, there was still a problem in the way the data came down.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The issue is the handling of time zones.
Except it's working fine in my time zone. But since the developers think they have the problem identified, I'll stop there and see what happens after the next upgrade. (Upgrade: Trading known bugs for unknown bugs.)

Return to “Android Member Tools App”